My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can I stop my HDR-FOX T2 turning the TV over

(20 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all, I have 2 Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD Twin Tuner with 1TB Recorders on my TV.
    They have Software Version:FHTCP1.02.20

Since changing to a new : Samsung UE49KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49" Curved TV, There is a problem.

I do most recording on the Humax I have numbered (1) The 2nd Humax (2) is used mostly when there are clashes with recordings on box (1)
    When this box (2) comes out of standby for a scheduled recording, the TV is switched over to box (2)
    How can I stop that doing so please?
    Mick.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:21:29 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Disable HDMI CEC on the TV....known as Anynet+ on Samsung TV I believe.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:32:12 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just one of the scenarios the designers of CEC ignored when they designed the system .

Another one is when you have a seperate audio amplifier and want to use a pvr to listen to the radio. You turn on the TV to select a channel and turn it off because you don't need it anymore and the pvr shuts down as well

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:57:11 #3 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

Hi again,from Barry's suggestion the TV "Anynet+ (HDMI-CeC) was set to on and I set it to off, but the TV still auto changes to the Humax box as it is turned on?

I have tried to study the e Manuel for the Samsung, but it says nothing about auto switching that I can see?
    Mick.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 20:41:07 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickiow - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi again,from Barry's suggestion the TV "Anynet+ (HDMI-CeC) was set to on and I set it to off, but the TV still auto changes to the Humax box as it is turned on?
    I have tried to study the e Manuel for the Samsung, but it says nothing about auto switching that I can see?
    Mick.

Try a different HDMI port, some TV's have auto HDMI switching based on port activity (like a auto hdmi switch). Usually on HDMI 1 input.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 8:58:03 #5 |
  6. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all, I have now tried the Humax HDR-FOX T2 that does the auto changing when it comes on for a pre timed recording, despite the Samsung TV Anynet+ (HDMI-CeC) being set to off
    in all 3 HDMI slots on the TV, and it still auto changes.

There are two HDR-FOX T2's set up to the TV and the other one does not do this, which points to it being something with that recorder, but it did not do the auto changing with the previous Samsung TV?

I would be happy to pay someone with the required knowledge to sort this but who?
    I bought the TV from Currys, but do not have much faith in their "Teck Guys" and they would most likely say take it all into them to test where to me it needs sorting where it is.
    Where do I go from here?

I have thought about getting a Scart to HDMI converter and then use a scart cable with the pin 8 wire removed as that stopped any auto changing with Scart leads being used, (the new TV does not have Scart connections, this would cost about £50 to try?

Any thoughts very welcomed.
    Mick.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 7:49:06 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickiow - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all, I have now tried the Humax HDR-FOX T2 that does the auto changing when it comes on for a pre timed recording, despite the Samsung TV Anynet+ (HDMI-CeC) being set to off
    in all 3 HDMI slots on the TV, and it still auto changes.
    There are two HDR-FOX T2's set up to the TV and the other one does not do this, which points to it being something with that recorder, but it did not do the auto changing with the previous Samsung TV?
    I would be happy to pay someone with the required knowledge to sort this but who?
    I bought the TV from Currys, but do not have much faith in their "Teck Guys" and they would most likely say take it all into them to test where to me it needs sorting where it is.
    Where do I go from here?
    I have thought about getting a Scart to HDMI converter and then use a scart cable with the pin 8 wire removed as that stopped any auto changing with Scart leads being used, (the new TV does not have Scart connections, this would cost about £50 to try?
    Any thoughts very welcomed.
    Mick.

You could try disabling pin 13 on the HDMI cable.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&tag=blusas008-21&field-keywords=cec+blocker&sprefix=cec+%2Caps%2C176

or routing the box via a auto HDMI switch

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3-Switch-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1469953151&sr=8-1&keywords=auto+hdmi+switch

You will degrade your picture to sub SD quality using the procedure you suggest.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 8:20:11 #7 |
  8. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

What surprises me is that the two HDR-FOX units behave differently. I read somewhere that the HDMI handshaking protocols were tweaked with some of the firmware updates. Are the two boxes on the same firmware version?

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 12:11:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have essentially the same TV as the OP, with the 1000S attached, AnyNet CEC set off. The problem you describe does not happen on my setup. If I have the TV source set to TV and am watching TV and the 1000S boots up then the source does not change unless I press the source button on the R/C and then select the 1000S HDMI source. It does change to the 1000S input if I switch on TV and 1000S at the same time AND if that 1000S was the source that was last active when the TV was switched off.
    I wonder if the following might influence it...
    Press Source on the TV R/C.
    Select the HDMI source causing the problem (using right-arrow or left-arrow keys). That source must currently be switched on.
    Press the down-arrow key.
    Select Device Type (PVR STB) then close.

If that does not fix it then the 1000S operates differently from your box.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 13:05:43 #9 |
  10. mickiow

mickiow

Thank you for your suggestion, I cant try it at the moment as I have moved the offending HDR-FOX T2 into my bedroom with another TV.

I have ordered a new Humax DTR-T1010 2TB YouView HD TV Recorder with Freeview as my main recorder, to pair up with my other HDR-FOX T2 (hopefully)

This has brought another issue, I will start a new thread on.
    Many thanks,
    Mick.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 15:27:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.