My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can I stop my HDR-FOX T2 turning the TV over

(20 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You do know that you can stream recordings (including HD from one HDR FOX T2 to the other) ? No need to have both in the same location to watch either box recordings remotely.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 18:11:41 #11 |
  2. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all.
    Current problem with auto switching 16-8-2016

Recap: I have a: SAMSUNG UE49KU6670 Smart 4k with two Humax recorders.

The wiring is an HDMI cable from each Humax recorder to the HDMI in ports 1 & 2 on the Samsung UE49KU6670 Smart 4k TV.
    I have tried different cables to make sure it was not an cable issue.

The main Humax box I record most on is a Humax DTR-T1010 2TB this is connected from the HDMI out port on the Humax to the HDMI 1 in port on the TV, there are no switching issues with this recorder.

The auto switching is when the 2nd less used Humax HDR-FOX T2, which is connected by an HDMI cable from out port on the Humax to the HDMI 2 in port on the TV
    Barry advised me to turn off the HDMI CEC Anynet+ on the Samsung TV, which I did but the auto switching still happened.

It was then suggested that one a HDMI F/M CEC Less Adaptor (41232) (from Pulse Eight) would stop the Humax switching the TV to the channel it was set to record, but unfortunately the auto switching still happens.

The auto changing when the 2nd Humax starts recording must be because the Humax HDR-FOX T2 it telling the TV to switch to its output.

As this is happening even with pin 13 output on the 2nd Humax disabled by a HDMI F/M CEC Less Adaptor (41232) I was hoping there was a different pin connection in the HDMI cable that could be disabled?

I realise most people have only one recorder wired to their TV,
    I am hoping someone has come across this before?
    Mick.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 17:03:36 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Humax boxes normally wake up the HDMI port for a few seconds when waking to make a recording. Most TV's ignore this, except it is known that on many Panasonic TV's HDMI 1 auto switches on port activity. This is how auto select HDMI switches work. Only thing I can think of this also happens on your Samsung HDMI 2 input. Connecting another device that does not have CEC to HDMI2 and switching it on will confirm.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 17:36:44 #13 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

Thank you Graham, I will try this.

I have also only just seen you reply of the 31-7-2016, in which you said:

You do know that you can stream recordings (including HD from one HDR FOX T2 to the other) ? No need to have both in the same location to watch either box recordings remotely.
    No I did not know this, one box is a HDR FOX T2 and the other a DTR-T1010 2TB (You view)
    Can this be via a cable?

Mick.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 11:40:07 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickiow - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you Graham, I will try this.
    I have also only just seen you reply of the 31-7-2016, in which you said:
    No I did not know this, one box is a HDR FOX T2 and the other a DTR-T1010 2TB (You view)
    Can this be via a cable?
    Mick.

Only works with two HDR-FOX-T2's. Afaik they are the only Humax UK boxes that have TCP-IP (protected) server/clients. Both boxes have to be connected to a home network, it doesn't matter how they are connected provided the data transfer speed is fast enough for HD.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 12:43:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Only works with two HDR-FOX-T2's. Afaik they are the only Humax UK boxes that have TCP-IP (protected) server/clients.

Minor point, an HD-FOX T2 will also act as a client to an HDR-FOX T2.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 12:54:25 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 5 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Only works with two HDR-FOX-T2's. Afaik they are the only Humax UK boxes that have TCP-IP (protected) server/clients.

Minor point, an HD-FOX T2 will also act as a client to an HDR-FOX T2.

Thanks Martin I had forgotten that.

| Sat 20 Aug 2016 12:59:59 #17 |
  8. Fixdit

Fixdit

Hi Mickiow, I am a new member and I had similar problems with my Samsung 49JU6410 , HDR FOX T2 ,FOXSAT HDR. In my case I finally resolved it by setting the

power up channel
    to a BBC SD channel on the FOX T 2.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 10:33:01 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I wonder if Samsung have changed how their 2016/KU series TVs respond to HDMI inputs. I have the 2015/JU series of your TV, AnyLink CEC off, and regardless of which HDMI input becomes active, or what type of device is connected, the TV does not switch to the new input. You have to switch using the Source button on the R/C. The TV always boots up to the input that was active when it was powered off. If there is nothing active on that input (waiting for the Humax 1000S to complete bootup for example) then you get a message "no input" and the TV waits for input on that source.

| Mon 22 Aug 2016 17:01:47 #19 |
  10. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    We have success.
    I am sure this is the Humax HDR FOX T2 telling the TV to switch.

I had bought an HDMI CES Less adaptor, and it surprisingly made no difference to the auto switching, so I also tried a HDMI CES Less short cable, and again it made no difference!

I did get an HDMI Bi-Directional routing switch, connected it in reverse so I could switch off the HDMI output from the Humax HDR FOX T2 and that works ok.

I have not tried the other suggestion re sourcing as I am happy with the workaround.
    Thank you for your help.
    Mick.

| Wed 24 Aug 2016 9:05:38 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.