My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can I stream FROM HDR1010S TO another device?

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jim.hobday

Just a thought. The ability to play on the Humax from other sources (DLNA etc) is great, but can I play/stream my recordings to another device other than through the HDMI?

For example my Android tablet. Or can I connect to the Humax as a server to copy the files off to play elsewhere? Does it have a DLNA Service or even web server internally?

All I really want to do is watch some programmes in another room.

Thanks
    Jim

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:39:05 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

jim.hobday - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Just a thought. The ability to play on the Humax from other sources (DLNA etc) is great, but can I play/stream my recordings to another device other than through the HDMI?
    For example my Android tablet. Or can I connect to the Humax as a server to copy the files off to play elsewhere? Does it have a DLNA Service or even web server internally?
    Thanks
    Jim

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:50:20 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

jim.hobday - 10 minutes ago  » 

It was hinted that such a function was planned in the future but nothing yet. Like you I hope it will come - it would be a great feature to watch recordings on our LAN.
    Jim

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 19:51:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jim.hobday

Thanks for the info. It would be a good feature and really wouldn't need any more technology - just software.

| Sat 1 Nov 2014 21:19:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

milhouse

Anyone noticed any movement on this? I'd like to be able to stream the recordings to a laptop sometimes, across the LAN, or even better, across the Internet.

I did a port scan of my 1000S/1010S and saw the following ports listed, though connecting a browser to them doesn't reveal anything. Has anyone else found any undocumented features?
    Open TCP Port: 53 domain
    Open TCP Port: 80 http
    Open TCP Port: 110 pop3
    Open TCP Port: 143 imap
    Open TCP Port: 993 imaps
    Open TCP Port: 995 pop3s
    Open TCP Port: 54015

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 11:01:55 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You have no chance at all of being able to stream across the internet. If any ability to play were to appear I would expect it to be via DLNA with copy protection and to be limited to non-routable IP addresses.

Most of the ports you list are probably opened by Busybox which I assumed is used as part of the infrastructure/. (It is on the Foxsat, for example)

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 11:27:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

A server on the 1000S series is a huge omission. It was stated by Humax at launch in 2012 that they planned to introduce this feature, but never have done. Maybe this is influenced by Freesat, nervous about distribution of copyrighted material. As the owner of a HDR1000S, a HB1000S and two further HB's getting delivered today I would love to be able to stream recordings to any of the HB's. Freesat/Humax need to waken up to the real world of digital before they are left well behind.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 11:32:29 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

+1

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 11:35:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » ...I would expect it to be via DLNA with copy protection and to be limited to non-routable IP addresses...

A pairing feature would do it. Since both the HDR and HB have locked-down s/w then code to pair a HB to the HDR would do it. The HDR then treats that HB as an approved device for both SD and HD recordings playback.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 13:11:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

milhouse

Could it not potentially have similar functionality to a Slingbox?

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 13:22:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.