My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Can I transfer library from one 9300T to my new 9300T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alun4

My Humax box (which is usually great) has failed me! The box will not record. It does continue as a freeview box and has retained the library.

I have looked at the troubleshoots in the user guide and contacted Humax UK tech guys who have gone through a few fixes and emailed some instructions to make sure the channels are manually configured. I have tried leaving the box switched off, rebooting and everything else I can think of or follow from the Users Manual.without success. I (and the advice from HUMAX) seem to be left with formatting.

The problem is that as well as the "dross" there are recordings I have kept for a long time and do not want to go.

By chance, a few weeks ago I bought another 9300T which I have yet to unbox.

AND NOW MY QUESTION!

Can I transfer (save) the recordings I want to keep (or indeed the whole contents) to the new HUMAX or a computer before I format the original HDD? (when I hope the original machine will work fully again.

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 10:24:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

alun4 - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Can I transfer (save) the recordings I want to keep (or indeed the whole contents) to the new HUMAX or a computer before I format the original HDD? (when I hope the original machine will work fully again.

If you connect the hard drive to a PC then you can certainly download the recordings using humaxrw see Link to humaxrw. There have been some reports recently that programs cannot be successfully transferred back on a 9300 (the 9200 works fine). The author is happy to investigate the problem but needs the cooperation of a user to enable him to fix the problem; perhaps you could assist?

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 11:28:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alun4

I would appreciate the help! I'm not at home at the moment so can't get at the Humax. I will be returning from work late this afternoon.

My laptop does not have a lot of free space but I do have a Medion 500GB external hard drive that I have only previously used for back up.

| Wed 20 Jun 2012 12:26:26 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.