My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can I use Live TV App with my 2000-T?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveMidgley

I have a FreeView HDR-200T (must be at least 10 years old but going strong) with a WiFi dongle. I want to be able to set up recordings when I am away from home. Can I use the Live TV App (Android) with the 2000T, and if so do I need to set it up somehow? Grateful for any assistance.

| Sun 4 Sep 2022 11:35:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The HDR-2000T does not have a remote recording function, whether it be by TV Guide app, the Live TV app, any other app, or via a browser and http://www.myhumax.net.

| Sun 4 Sep 2022 12:22:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveMidgley

Thanks Luke. That's what I suspected. So my next question is, if I upgrade to a model that does support remote recording (presumably the FVP-5000T or possibly the Aria) can I transfer my recordings (many of which are HD)? From what I've read this seems to be inordinately difficult/impossible, but I thought I'd ask.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 9:31:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 year ago  » 
    SD recordings can be decrypted by copying to a USB memory stick or hard drive attached to the Humax. HD recordings need methods that are outside the rules of this forum.

To quote an admin edit from 2011:
    "Discussions surrounding the removal of encryption are not permitted on this forum."

You could try the hummy.tv forum. At least one of their active members is now using an FVP-5000T but use to have an HDR-2000T and understands the possibilities. There are probably existing in their HDR-2000T/1800T which may help you decide whether you want to make an effort instead of just having 2 PVRs in use until you've watched everything on the old one.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 10:11:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveMidgley

Ha ha, I thought that might be the answer. Thanks for your help Luke. I've got a spare HDMI on my telly, so actually you're right, just running two PVRs at once for a while is probably the best solution.
    Just to be absolutely clear before I go to the expense of a new PVR - the "HUMAX Live TV for Phone" app will allow me to use my phone to view schedules and set up recordings as long as my Humax is connected to the Internet via my WiFi, and, obviously, I have an Internet connection on my phone. I've been looking on GooglePlay and the reviews aren't filling me with confidence.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 15:26:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DaveMidgley - 34 mins ago  » 
    Just to be absolutely clear before I go to the expense of a new PVR - the "HUMAX Live TV for Phone" app will allow me to use my phone to view schedules and set up recordings as long as my Humax is connected to the Internet via my WiFi, and, obviously, I have an Internet connection on my phone. I've been looking on GooglePlay and the reviews aren't filling me with confidence.

Which box have you been looking at? I am currently using an Aura and do occasionally set remote recordings from my phone which so far have worked. There are some limitations such as not being to set series record and not being able to delete scheduled recordings. Currently all the players on the Aura that I have tried still work. The earlier FVP-5000T is starting to lose players; ITV hub goes at the end of this month.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 16:05:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveMidgley

I've not really looked in detail yet, this only came up because I'm going away for three weeks in October and thought "wouldn't it be nice to make sure I'm getting everything recorded after the first week". Otherwise I probably wouldn't be looking at a new PVR at all. I haven't quite worked out the difference between the FVP-5000T and the Aura, but I guess the Aura is the latest so unless it's vastly more expensive I'd probably go for that.
    It sounds like the App has some serious limitations, so I may just not bother.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "players" in this context.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 16:50:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

DaveMidgley - 50 mins ago  » 
    It sounds like the App has some serious limitations, so I may just not bother.

The cheapest way to get a recorder with good remote scheduling would be a second hand HDR-FOX T2 and install the custom firmware. This allows recordings to be set as individual or series recordings or scheduled recordings cancelled. The downside is that the HDR-FOX T2 has been out of production for quite some time so buying a second hand box is a bit of a lottery.

I'm not sure what you mean by "players" in this context.

I meant he apps that will stream content such as BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, Channel 4, My 5, UKTV play. So if you do miss something there is a good chance that you can stream it instead.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 17:55:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveMidgley

Got you. Yeah, I can always stream missed stuff, my telly has iPlayer (so does the Humax but I don't use it as it seems buggy and has crashed before now, which is annoying if it's recording at the time), and there's always the trusty laptop for ITV Hub, My5 etc.
    It's a shame Humax haven't got this cracked (especially if they're going backwards since the HDR-FOX T2).
    Anyway, thanks very much for your help, you've given me a load of useful information with which to make a decision.

| Mon 5 Sep 2022 18:08:47 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.