My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can not get the humax TV app to work

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    I have the following problem the humax TV app, have download the app from the apple store and have installed the app onto my iPad and this went fine, the problem I am facing is that I cannot get the FVP 4000T box and app to talk to each other, the box tells me that I need to be on the same network as the box, but i am on the same network.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Matthew

| Sun 29 Sep 2019 23:00:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

David Briggs

Hi Matthew,
    Just a quick note to say I have noticed the same thing recently. I am using the Humax app on Android but get the same symptoms. I have the FVP wired to an ASUS PL-AC56 powerline adapter, where the phone is connected to the same adaptor using WiFi. This setup has worked previously.

I am running the April update (UKTFAE 1.03.51) on my FVP4000T and have recently used a Master Reset to try to eliminate a problem with loss of series recordings (that didn't work either). Not sure if I have missed a setting?

Hope that helps,

David

| Fri 4 Oct 2019 22:53:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

There is another thread on this topic:-

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-recording-with-app

As I said previously in that thread, the app does work but with some idiosyncrasies. Try logging on to myhumax.net and see if that shows the schedule that you have set on the FVP. That will tell you whether the FVP is working. You can also set remote recordings from there. If you don't see your FVP schedule there then the iphone/android app link to myhumax.net is not working.

| Sat 5 Oct 2019 8:34:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

I realise that I may have confused matters here. I have two iOS apps HUMAX tvguide and Live tv - there may be others. HUMAX tvguide is the app discussed in the other thread; this seems to work anywhere and can be used to set recordings remotely. Live tv does require the iOS device to be on the same network as the FVP - it allows one to watch an FVP recording (SD) on the iOS device and, theoretically watch the live programme. If this thread is about Live tv then it does work for me and at this stage cannot suggest anything.

| Sun 6 Oct 2019 8:28:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    Thanks for getting back to me, I cannot use the app as my FVP 4000t box has died, so I need to buy a new box, will let you know when I have a new box.

Thanks
    Matthew

| Tue 8 Oct 2019 20:15:29 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.