My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote Recording With App

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

I haven’t managed to get the app working for ages....if I go into schedule (on the app) it just shows the red circle with 3 dots in it. Also the TV guide in the app used to show what programmes are already set to record.
    Is the app now defunct. (It says version HMITG-1.0.7)

| Mon 30 Sep 2019 16:08:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Outbackannie - 16 hours ago  » 
    I haven’t managed to get the app working for ages....if I go into schedule (on the app) it just shows the red circle with 3 dots in it. Also the TV guide in the app used to show what programmes are already set to record.
    Is the app now defunct. (It says version HMITG-1.0.7)

The version of the app you quote is correct - mine is that version too and it works (after a fashion). Has remote recording ever worked for you - and now not? The first thing to check is that 1) the recorder is set to do remote recording and that remote recording is correctly registered on your FVP and 2) that the app is correctly registered to your MyHumax.net account. You could check this second point by pointing a web browser at myhumax.net and confirm that you can log on. Both the app and the FVP must know your myhumax.net account (registration) to sync recording settings. Let us know how you get on.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 8:22:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Thank you for the reply. Yes it did used to work...I’ve had 3 recorders registered to it over the years. Yes also to both 1 and 2.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 10:15:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Outbackannie - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for the reply. Yes it did used to work...I’ve had 3 recorders registered to it over the years. Yes also to both 1 and 2.

Interesting - how many recorders are you currently trying to use with remote recording? I only have one so can't tell you what might happen if more than one trying to do this. What happens if you access the portal (myhumax.net) through a browser? Do you see anything that looks like the schedule on the HUMAX box?

if I go into schedule (on the app) it just shows the red circle with 3 dots in it. Also the TV guide in the app used to show what programmes are already set to record.

Actually this is what I would expect to see in the schedule screen. The TV guide should show matching dots in a red circle for the programmes in the schedule. The key thing is whether the schedule matches what you see in the FVP schedule.
    There are other issues that I have been researching over the past few months - more of those later in this discussion but for now I can also say that the order of recordings in the schedule seems random - not by date, channel or programme name. Something I have learned to live with for now.

| Tue 1 Oct 2019 16:46:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

You can only choose 1 recorder at a time to use with the app, but I did have 3 set up at one time.
    The app schedule showing 3 dots was always what it showed whilst it was a pending recording....once this had been actioned it changed to an R & it would show as a recording on the tv schedule.

| Sat 5 Oct 2019 9:29:25 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.