My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can Not Receive PSB 3 / BBC B Band.

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Im sort of in the honeymoon period with the 2000T where its new in my room and I want to love it.

However its been dawning on me that I cant get BBC 1 HD and all the channels in that group like BBC2 HD and Channel 4 HD.

I have tried getting the info about Winter Hill and the BBC B/PSB 3 group qouted as Channel 54 DVB 2

I Have tried an automatic and a manual scan but it brings up no channels found on all possible settings.

Has anyone had this problem please? Im at a loss who to contact. the roof aerial is amplified for flats but there is no problem with any other bands and the picture is superb.

One thing that would make me return this unit is not being able to recieve all the HD channels. How do I investigate further?

| Sun 11 Sep 2016 21:06:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you select Channel 54 DVB T2 using manual tune what do you get ? To make sure you have Winter Hill - what do you get on channel 50 DVB-T ?

Do your neighbours get HD on channel 54 ?

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 9:15:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

Channel 54 DVB T2 gives no channels found. On channel 50 a load of channels are received in DVB T...... BBC 1 BBC 2 standard definition and 108 other radio and TV channels

Good question about the neighbours but unfortunately its actually the sort of place where we keep ourselves to ourselves.

This is a bit of a shame but I dont think I want to go knocking on doors to ask.

I dont know whether I can get a BBC bod to measure whats being recieved at my socket. The niggle is if I dont know, I dont know if the Humax box is faulty

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 20:04:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Ah when I put it on manual search on channel 54 DVB T2

Im getting 68% signal stength 100% quality for a few seconds than it drops out to zero. This flashes on and off

That would appear to be the problem. Now I have to find out why. I have splitters and its a weird amplified aerial on the roof.

I will try a direct qed aerial lead into the Humax only

Ah Ive upped the signal strength to 73% by removing a splitter and the signal remains longer but its still dropping to zero...Hmmmm

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 20:32:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

......duplicate post of the one below

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 20:41:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Minstrel SE - 12 seconds ago  » 
    found the channels but the signal is too intermittent to keep the sound and picture up without hiccups. I get 73% then zero !

Interesting as this could be the landlords aerial system. The landlord does damn all so I will have to investigate further and see If I can get a signal in my top floor of three floors with my own aerial

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 20:42:19 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This issue could be a local interference problem caused by a poorly screened HDMI cable and poorly screened aerial cables blanking a specific frequency. If you connect your TV using the box analogue output and remove the hdmi cable and you then get channel 54 you have the cause. Initially replace the aerial cable with a decent quality one (Ideally make your own with satellite grade WF100) and seperate the coax and HDMI leads as much as possible. Changing the hdmi cable may also help, strangely cheaper HDMI cable often work better thsan expensive ones in this situation.

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 8:07:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Thanks very much for your support.

I will try as much as I can. Unfortunately its not possible to get at the landlords coax. The tv system went off completely about a year a go and im not sure he knows or cares what he is doing.

Can you suggest a small home aerial which may just prove it can get 54 without this intermittent signal loss? Whats interesting is that its rapidly intermittent.

Anything to do with DVB T2?

Im using the HDMI cable Humax supplied and I probably think its not the Humax box and is poor wiring or short circuiting in the aerial system

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 15:59:43 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Minstrel SE - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks very much for your support.
    I will try as much as I can. Unfortunately its not possible to get at the landlords coax. The tv system went off completely about a year a go and im not sure he knows or cares what he is doing.
    Can you suggest a small home aerial which may just prove it can get 54 without this intermittent signal loss? Whats interesting is that its rapidly intermittent.
    Anything to do with DVB T2?
    Im using the HDMI cable Humax supplied and I probably think its not the Humax box and is poor wiring or short circuiting in the aerial system

Not talking about the landlords wiring, just your coax that plugs into the wall socket. Is it the poor quality thin white coax ? Have you tried connecting your box to a TV scart socket and removing the hdmi cable ?

To use a indoor aerial you would need to be close to a transmitter and on the right side of the building.

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 16:14:03 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Oh would you believe it!..it seems to have rectified itself tonight with all that group on a steady 74% signal strength.

My Leads are QED Qunex TTV leads. Good quality ready soldered but bought used

What is a bit dodgy if the wall socket alongside an FM outlet. Its getting a bit rickety and loose fitting in the coax socket. I think I will replace it.

Please note however not one twitch on the other bands with a truly beautiful picture so whatever was hapenning was just on that PSB 3 band.

This shows that the Humax is working but I hope it wasnt a glitch in the Humax Tuner....cant understand what I was experiencing since

Just as I am typing this the picture dropped out for a second no signal so this isnt over yet

| Tue 13 Sep 2016 17:58:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.