My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can our HDR Fox-T2 be fixed?

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MikeJH - 4 mins ago  » 
    Sorry Martin but I meant could I return a drive after opening it

Forgive me but I don't understand what you mean by "Return a drive after opening it"?

and connecting it it to the Humax only to discover that it didn't fix the problem:.

Did you follow the procedure at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Install_Modified_Firmware ?

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 19:26:46 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

For good or ill I appear to have installed the custom firmware but have no idea how to get the laptop talking to the Humax over an ethernet cable...

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:01:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Sorry Martin just meant after unpacking it and connecting it therefore using it in some small way then wanting to return it even though there's no fault with it. Yes I did follow those instructions but maybe installed it twice because I didn't remove the usb drive before pressing standby.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:08:00 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MikeJH - 21 mins ago  » 
    For good or ill I appear to have installed the custom firmware but have no idea how to get the laptop talking to the Humax over an ethernet cable...

Enter the box ip address in the url locator top of the window in any web browse on a PC on the same network.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:23:56 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MikeJH - 26 mins ago  » 

I take it that we have is an ethernet cable from your laptop direct to the Humax; is that correct? If so first use the normal user interface on the Humax to find the IP address of the box and write it down. If your box is running Windows 10 then follow the instructions at https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/computing/connecting-to-a-wired-lan-with-windows-10/ for setting a fixed IP address for the laptop. The IP address you should enter is the one shown by the Humax but with the last group of numbers one smaller (eg if you wrote down 10.11.12.13 for the Humax IP address you would enter 10.11.12.12). Then follow the instructions at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Install_Full_Web_Interface (the IP address you want is the one you wrote down earlier).

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:37:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Thanks Graham will give it a go a bit later.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:38:54 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MikeJH - 30 mins ago  » 
    Sorry Martin just meant after unpacking it and connecting it therefore using it in some small way then wanting to return it even though there's no fault with it.

I believe that is allowed by the distance selling regulations.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:39:18 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Don't suppose in the meantime you could tell me which settings the Humax should be on please?

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:53:17 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Thanks Martin that's reassuring.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:54:12 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Martin Liddle - 18 mins ago  » 

MikeJH - 26 mins ago  » 

I take it that we have is an ethernet cable from your laptop direct to the Humax; is that correct? If so first use the normal user interface on the Humax to find the IP address of the box and write it down. If your box is running Windows 10 then follow the instructions at https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/computing/connecting-to-a-wired-lan-with-windows-10/ for setting a fixed IP address for the laptop. The IP address you should enter is the one shown by the Humax but with the last group of numbers one smaller (eg if you wrote down 10.11.12.13 for the Humax IP address you would enter 10.11.12.12). Then follow the instructions at https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Install_Full_Web_Interface (the IP address you want is the one you wrote down earlier).

Sorry Martin I keep forgetting to update this page just read this will carry it out a bit later, thanks very much.

| Tue 2 Mar 2021 20:58:46 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.