My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can you Retune (Manual Search)an Individual Channe

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

Since getting our new HDR 1800T PVR I am only able to view and record BBC HD channels so I can never view BBC 4 as no HD.

Is it possible to retune this channel individually without changing the channel settings for all the others?

We are on the East Coast and Freeview report we are in a 'variable reception area between two different masts'

| Fri 11 Aug 2017 22:56:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It is not possible to tune an individual channels but it is possible to tune a sub-group of channels.
    Which two masts were mentioned and which one does your aerial point at?

Also if you use the follwing what are the numbers it lists?
    MENU >> Setings > System >> Signal Detection >> right arrow (next to the OK button)

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 12:36:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

By the way neither the Sudbury or the Felixstowe transmitters broadcast BBC 4 HD.

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 12:58:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

We are between Sudbury and Felixstowe transmitters and I was given the numbers from Freeview to find out which one was a stronger signal (can't remember numbers now ? 45) but the signal was weak from both of them and I could only get a good signal for the BBC HD and ITV channels on when tuned to 28 (whatever transmitter that one is) unfortunately I cannot record any BBC 4 programmes only watch live on Live TV

I never had any problems with our old Humax 9300T (wish they would bring it back into production!)

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 13:36:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

You need to go to the website http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/ and enter your postcode and house number, tick the detailed view box to find out what you ought to be able to receive and from which transmitter.

That site tells me that Felixstowe will only give you "BBCA"* (UHF channel 45), "D3&4"* (51) and "BBCB HD"* (53). From these you will not be able to get BBC4 HD. You should be able to get BBC4, and be able to record it.

Sudbury has BBCA (44), D3&4 (41), BBCB HD (47) and others. You would not be able to get BBC4 HD from here. BBC4 should be available.

You mention getting BBC HD and ITV on UHF channel 28. I cannot find any reference to any transmitter close to you that broadcasts BBC HD on channel 28. There is a transmitter at Aldeburgh that has BBCA (28), D3&4 (23) and BBCB HD (25)

You say you can watch BBC4 live. Is this through the Humax or directly on your TV?

Do you know where you are getting the BBC HD channels from? Whilst watching a channel press OK then i+ on the remote and a box appears - the last line should start Ch53, or Ch47, or Ch25 (or maybe something else). You should be able to determine which transmitter you are using. You may then be able to manually tune BBCA and D3&4 for that transmitter.

( * BBCA - standard definition versions of BBC1, BBC2, BBC4, BBC News, BBC Parliament, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC RB 1 and radio;
    D3&4 - standard def ITV, ITV2, ITV4, Channel 4 ,Film 4, E4, More 4, Channel 5 and a couple of "+1" channels;
    BBC B HD - BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5 HD, CBBC HD and Film 4+1 (not HD))

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 20:38:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

I went to the coverage checker site and did a manual search and entered the numbers given but signal was poor for BBC and good for ITV and BBCHD The only number giving a good signal was 28 (think might be the Aldeburgh) There is no BBc4 HD and can only get BBC4 through live TV but cannot record from there. That is why I was trying to find out if you can manually search for BBc4 individually or indeed any of them individually.

We must be in one of the worst areas for good signal of all the channels together - but as said before we never had a problem with the 9300T

Thanks ++ for all the info above though - it is very useful

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 20:57:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Luke - 8 hours ago  » 
    Also if you use the following what are the numbers it lists?
    MENU >> Setings > System >> Signal Detection >> right arrow (next to the OK button)

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 21:12:04 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

A good start would be to establish which transmitter your aerial is pointing at and tune to that. The DigitalUK web site gives compass bearings from your location to each available transmitter. Also the 'aerial group' column will show whether your aerial elements should be horizontal (H) or vertical (V) for each available transmitter.

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 22:45:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi yes you start a manual tune on that one channel number than stop it when it starts other channels.

So if I used to do channel 54 It scans in whats on there(if anything) but will start moving to the next channels so you just be ready to hit stop then save

Then it just saves what it has scanned so far. I hate doing a full scan because I have to delete and rearange 176 channels again

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 23:10:04 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Minstrel SE - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Hi yes you start a manual tune on that one channel number than stop it when it starts other channels.
    So if I used to do channel 54 It scans in whats on there(if anything) but will start moving to the next channels so you just be ready to hit stop then save
    Then it just saves what it has scanned so far. I hate doing a full scan because I have to delete and rearange 176 channels again

Can you explain this a bit, maybe the 1800 is different to what I know. All manual tunes I know of scan only the UHF channel number (multiplex) that I select, a manual tune doesn't move on to other UHF channel numbers.

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 23:45:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.