My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can you Retune (Manual Search)an Individual Channe

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Biggles - 12 hours ago  » 

Minstrel SE - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Hi yes you start a manual tune on that one channel number than stop it when it starts other channels.
    So if I used to do channel 54 It scans in whats on there(if anything) but will start moving to the next channels so you just be ready to hit stop then save
    Then it just saves what it has scanned so far. I hate doing a full scan because I have to delete and rearange 176 channels again

Can you explain this a bit, maybe the 1800 is different to what I know. All manual tunes I know of scan only the UHF channel number (multiplex) that I select, a manual tune doesn't move on to other UHF channel numbers.

It is the same as the PVR-9150T/9300T/9200T, HDR-FOX T2, HD-FOX T2 and HDR-1800T. The manual search there is an option for a 'Network search'.
    The Sudbury transmitter broadcasts the Network numbers of Tacolneston services instead of Sudbury.
    Most transmitters include another transmitters numbers which is why your retune instructions use to see to make sure the Network Search option was set to off when manual tuning.
    Resets aside the option defaults to the last value used.

To reconfirm that Sudbury is still setup like that I've just tried a manual search with the Network option set to 'On' on the BBC 4 SD mux of 44. It searched not only 44 but all of Tacolnestion's SD muxes i.e. 55, 59, 42, 45, 39 and 57.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 12:34:25 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

LUKE - you asked "Also if you use the following what are the numbers it lists?
    MENU >> Setings > System >> Signal Detection >> right arrow (next to the OK button) I did this for all channels I use and this was result:
    BBC 1, 2 and 4 all came up as 28 (strength 52 and Quality 80) but none of them work without freezing.
    ITV 1, 4 and 5 and BB High Definition 01, 02, 03, and 05 all came up as 47 and work very well ( strength 93 and quality 100)

MINSTREL Tried your method on BBC4 but it didn't work - just went back to 28 again.

BIGGLES I do not have any understanding of transmitters and signals from the same - I find it totally confusing but can't understand why I can no longer get BBC1, 2, and 4 on this new Humax when we got perfect reception on the 9300T. Maybe this 1800HD is set to pick up the HD channels before others - its a mystery to me! My husband says we will try another auto retune when the atmospheric pressure is lower but thats another mystery I can't understand.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to this post - I am a little more clued up than I was before.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 18:46:02 #12 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Luke,
    Many years ago I saw Network Search do some strange things on one of my Humax machines so decided never to use it again, so much so I'd forgotten about it.

LizMac42,
    You don't have to know anything about transmitters and signals. Just look at the direction your aerial is pointing, guesstimate it's compass bearing and compare it with that stated on the DigitalUK web site to try and determine which transmitter your aerial is pointing at.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 19:02:02 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

LizMac42 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    LUKE - you asked "Also if you use the following what are the numbers it lists?
    MENU >> Setings > System >> Signal Detection >> right arrow (next to the OK button) I did this for all channels I use and this was result:
    BBC 1, 2 and 4 all came up as 28 (strength 52 and Quality 80) but none of them work without freezing.
    ITV 1, 4 and 5 and BB High Definition 01, 02, 03, and 05 all came up as 47 and work very well ( strength 93 and quality 100)

That's a not what I was asking but it does show that you have a miss-tuned HDR-2000T. This will cause some recordings too fail and it could have just happened that it was noticeable on BBC 4.

You have tried to manually retune before but it was not clear what you had actually done to do that.

You can do a manual retune at any time. Graham's advice is correct.

grahamlthompson - 2 months ago  » 
    A manual tune on the Sudbury channels after deleting old ones will work even when more distant ones are in range due to atmospheric conditions.

That you have 28 in your results shows that you have not followed the instructions accurately enough.
    The instructions I am referring to are the one Martin pointed you in the direction of.

Martin Liddle - 2 months ago  » 
    It is entirely clear what exactly you are doing; try following this FAQ and see if it helps https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

The Sudbury magic numbers are 41 44 56 58 60 and also 47. With 47 you will have to select DVB-T2 on the tuning screen, the others being DVb-T).

If I were you I would not try to do what you were originally asking about but do a total manual retune. To pick individual bit is proving far too complicated.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 19:05:11 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

Thanks again for the above - we will start working on this advice tomorrow, plus checking which way the ariel is pointing, I will report back.

| Sun 13 Aug 2017 19:15:28 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Biggles - 1 day ago  » 

Hi yes you start a manual tune on that one channel number than stop it when it starts other channels.
    So if I used to do channel 54 It scans in whats on there(if anything) but will start moving to the next channels so you just be ready to hit stop then save
    Then it just saves what it has scanned so far. I hate doing a full scan because I have to delete and rearange 176 channels again

Can you explain this a bit, maybe the 1800 is different to what I know. All manual tunes I know of scan only the UHF channel number (multiplex) that I select, a manual tune doesn't move on to other UHF channel numbers.

One time I did a manual search on 54 and Im sure it started moving on to other channels...maybe Im not entirely sure I did everything right there...I think I did select manual. I think usually it did stick to the one channel. I wondered why it had moved on so maybe I did something wrong

All Im saying is that the search can be cancelled and the channels found so far saved

If it sticks on one thats fine then. You just start a manual search and select the channel group you want. I found the unit is good on searching but I have had continual problems getting BBC 1 HD in reliable quality.

All the best with it

| Mon 14 Aug 2017 17:05:17 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Minstrel SE - 15 hours ago  » 

Biggles - 1 day ago  » 

One time I did a manual search on 54 and Im sure it started moving on to other channels...maybe Im not entirely sure I did everything right there...I think I did select manual. I think usually it did stick to the one channel. I wondered why it had moved on so maybe I did something wrong
    All Im saying is that the search can be cancelled and the channels found so far saved
    If it sticks on one thats fine then. You just start a manual search and select the channel group you want. I found the unit is good on searching but I have had continual problems getting BBC 1 HD in reliable quality.
    All the best with it

A manual tune does what it says, you decide which frequency to scan. If it were to go to other frequencies, that would be an automatic scan.

| Tue 15 Aug 2017 8:44:20 #17 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

fedman1 - 4 hours ago
    A manual tune does what it says, you decide which frequency to scan. If it were to go to other frequencies, that would be an automatic scan.

Yes, I wrote the original instructions way back in the days of the PVR-8000T.

| Tue 15 Aug 2017 12:48:59 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.