My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can you stream through the hdmi?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Itter

Hi

This might be a silly question, but here goes. I have a humax fox t2. I don't have a hdmi socket on my TV so I use the scart lead to link it to my TV. I am thinking of getting an android box but it doesn't have a scart socket only a hdmi. Can I plug the android box into the humax using the hdmi connection and then watch it on the TV via the scart out of the humax?

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 12:47:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Itter - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I have a humax fox t2. I don't have a hdmi socket on my TV so I use the scart lead to link it to my TV. I am thinking of getting an android box but it doesn't have a scart socket only a hdmi. Can I plug the android box into the humax using the hdmi connection and then watch it on the TV via the scart out of the humax?

Simple answer no. There are HDMI to SCART converters available on eBay starting at about £30 but I haven't used one.

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 13:00:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Itter

Thank you, that clears that I'll have a look at a scart converter

| Mon 6 Jul 2015 19:06:15 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You may have an issue with a Android box and a scart converter.

The output of these almost invariably is 60Hz. This isn't an issue for HDMI, but may well be for CVBS.

Your TV may only handle composite video at 50Hz.

| Tue 7 Jul 2015 8:56:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Itter

Thank you graham, I'll look into that before we look at getting one. I suppose the simple, but expensive option is a new TV but we have one of the last cathode ray TVs made and the picture quality is brilliant. Also can't afford a new TV.

| Tue 7 Jul 2015 16:41:18 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.