My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Cannot change channel when ONE recording is taking

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have a constant, repeatable problem as follows...

Recording Homes Under The Hammer on BBC1ScHD (Scotland) channel 108, while at the same time watching it live.
    Try to change channel and find only two other channels are available, BBCHD Preview 109 and BBC1HD 972.
    Check Recordings schedule and only one recording shown as running.
    Check Signal screen and it shows two tuners active with good signal/quality and message says two tuners connected.

Is this a valid restriction or is there some reason for this?

EDIT: Investigated further in the series folder and found that TWO copies of the pgm are being recorded, both HD, on certain days. Typically it will be OK for a few days then record 2 copies for each of several days then revert again to being OK then back to two copies for a few days.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 11:24:59 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Two tuners indicating values was a clue to the unit recording 2 channels.

Suspect a crid problem, but without access to the channels difficult to prove.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 11:56:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry - 25 minutes ago  » 

Makes sense. Problem with the 1000S in this specific case is...
    1) Recordings/Most Recent - shows only 1 recording in progress.
    2) Recordings/Planned - again shows only 1.
    3) 2nd recording only shows up in Most Recent series folder when both have finished recording. The s/w must be aware of a 2nd recording (it restricts the channels) but is hiding that fact and confusing the user. The message "Cannot change channel while recording" is of no help and simply adds to the confusion.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 12:28:38 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Pollensa1946 - 29 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 25 minutes ago  » 

Makes sense. Problem with the 1000S in this specific case is...
    1) Recordings/Most Recent - shows only 1 recording in progress.
    2) Recordings/Planned - again shows only 1.
    3) 2nd recording only shows up in Most Recent series folder when both have finished recording. The s/w must be aware of a 2nd recording (it restricts the channels) but is hiding that fact and confusing the user. The message "Cannot change channel while recording" is of no help and simply adds to the confusion.

I would suspect that the second recording would be shown as being recorded in the EPG on the second channel being recorded (perhaps in the 950+ numbers).

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 13:02:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

"I would suspect that the second recording would be shown as being recorded in the EPG on the second channel being recorded (perhaps in the 950+ numbers)."

I would not swear to it, but this morning I checked thru the Guide and I'm sure I did not see another "R" symbol on any channel. Also using the P+- key to move channels the i-banner I know most definitely did not show "R" on 972 or any other channel (only 2 other channels aside from 108, the recorded channel, on the list, hard to miss).
    I've deleted the BBC1HD 972 channel from the list to see if that fixes it.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 13:40:59 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Retuned a G1 unit to check crids, (G2 tied up with something else) there is no reason why it should record two episodes for the coming week. Series and programme crid data are exactly the same on both channels.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 14:43:17 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.