My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Cannot change the channel while recording...

(5 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I am currently recording 3 programmes on 5USA, E4 and Pick, and I wanted to change the channel so that I didn't see what was happening on Chicago Fire until I get up to date.

However repeated attempts just show the message "Cannot change the channel while recording or live TV streaming"

I'm puzzled as I have never seen this message before, and I'm also a little perplexed as to how the Humax is tuned to 5USA on channel 21 when I'm pretty sure that it was on BBC2 HD on 102 when I left it.

| Wed 20 Jul 2016 20:19:27 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

All 3 tuners are in use recording, so unit would have changed from BBC 2 HD as it is not broadcast on one of the multiplexes currently recording.

You can view other channels on the same 3 multiplexes as are recording, the channel up/down button will cycle through the channels available to you.

Edit:

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings

Lists the channels and which multiplex (mux) they are carried on.

| Wed 20 Jul 2016 21:42:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I will amplify Barry's reply.

Each tuner tunes into a multiplex, which is many TV and radio channels. There are six? multiplexes on a main transmitter (three? on a repeater), so if you are recording three programmes on three different multiplexes, you are using all three tuners. There is no tuner left to tune into the other three multiplexes and you therefore cannot see any programme on the other three multiplexes.

However, if you are recording three programmes on just one or two multiplexes, the second or third tuner can tune into all the other multiplexes and you can therefore see all TV channels.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 10:57:11 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Thanks for the replies, Barry and John.

I had a feeling it was something to do with all the multiplexes being in use, but the wording of the message, and the fact that none of the channels in the EPG were greyed out (as they were on my 9200T) threw me.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 13:38:20 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stephenesque - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies, Barry and John.
    I had a feeling it was something to do with all the multiplexes being in use, but the wording of the message, and the fact that none of the channels in the EPG were greyed out (as they were on my 9200T) threw me.

If you look very closely you will note there is a very slight difference in the channel idents within the EPG but it is not as obvious as previous models.

| Thu 21 Jul 2016 14:28:48 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.