My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cannot connect to HDR on PC

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johners

I don't. I'll download Filezilla and give it a go. I had thought that reinstalling an earlier version of the official and custom firmware might to enable me to connect to my PC. And then trying the latest versions again.

| Tue 13 May 2014 18:19:28 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

johners - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I don't. I'll download Filezilla and give it a go. I had thought that reinstalling an earlier version of the official and custom firmware might to enable me to connect to my PC. And then trying the latest versions again.

Create a new connection using the connection manager in FileZilla.

| Tue 13 May 2014 18:26:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johners

Well, I think I'm in. Within Filezilla I can see directories with all my recorded programs there. What's next?

But I don't really understand how to use Fillezilla!

| Tue 13 May 2014 18:43:17 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

johners - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Well, I think I'm in. Within Filezilla I can see directories with all my recorded programs there. What's next?
    But I don't really understand how to use Fillezilla!

It's not a replacement for the CF. You can transfer files directly from and to the HDR FOX T2 by simply dragging and dropping them.

The CF makes this a lot more useful because you can for instance setup a virtual usb drive on the box, copy SD files to it to decrypt them and then ftp the decrypted .ts file directly to a PC.

Everything seems to be normal other than the CF doesn't appear to have installed correctly.

I would download a clean copy and reflash the box again.

| Tue 13 May 2014 18:52:57 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

johners

OK. Thanks for your help Grant. At least I'll be able to make copies of programs I'd like to keep. Cheers.

| Tue 13 May 2014 18:57:12 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

HarveyB

But beware, unless you are using webif to decrypt the recordings first, downloading via FTP will leave them encrypted and ONLY PLAYABLE BACK ON THE ORIGINAL HUMMY.
    If you are happy to FTP them back to the Hummy when you want to play them, that's fine, but I suggest you copy all of the associated files, for each recording, as a set (.ts, .hmt, etc.) I think there are usually 3 or 4 in all.

| Thu 22 May 2014 15:23:24 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.