My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cannot offload files to USB flash drive

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

Hi....my Humax is an HDR Fox T2 model and i'm having problems off-loading files from the hard drive to a flash drive via the USB port.

The flash drive i'm using is a Sandisk 16gb formatted in FAT32.

When i go through the pvr menu to "move/copy" it displays that it is copying to the flash drive, but when i plug that in my computer and open it, it's displaying nothing despite showing almost 2gb has been used!

The program files i'm trying to off-load are still 'safe' on my pvr but attempts to copy them over have so far proved unsuccessful.

Am i doing something wrong? I could do with some help please!!

Attachments

1. Z1.JPG (14.6 KB, 0 downloads) 7 years old
    | Mon 14 Nov 2016 17:36:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Are the files SD?
    can you copy one file on to the flash drive, wait for it to finish copying and then play it back on the hdrfoxT2 first to check that it is actually on the flash drive before checking on the PC

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 18:34:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

Files are all in SD yes. I will look to see if they play back on the T2.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 18:53:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bulletguy - 2 hours ago  » 
    When i go through the pvr menu to "move/copy" it displays that it is copying to the flash drive, but when i plug that in my computer and open it, it's displaying nothing despite showing almost 2gb has been used!

Are you waiting long enough for the decrypt and copy operation to finish? It is quite slow.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 19:38:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Bulletguy - 2 hours ago  » 

Are you waiting long enough for the decrypt and copy operation to finish? It is quite slow.

OK i've just tried another programme....at just 17 mins long it was very small but as you rightly say it is slow, much slower than the Humax Freesat model.

It copied to the flash drive and yes, it played back (on tv set) from the flash drive, so the file is there. BUT when plugged to the pc i still get the same on opening..."this folder is empty".

I forgot to mention i'm running windows 8.1 but can't see that makes any difference.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:23:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bulletguy - 1 hour ago  » 
    It copied to the flash drive and yes, it played back (on tv set) from the flash drive, so the file is there.

I don't know what is going wrong; it does work for me.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 22:40:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

Well i'm stuck here as i can't figure what's wrong either. The only thing i can think of is trying a different make of flash drive though it's a long shot. Humax are far from helpful. I phoned them yesterday and was met with quite an abrupt discourteous response.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 22:55:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

it won't be win8.1 and I don't think a different flash drive will make any difference.
    I've not seen a "this folder is empty" message
    Are you sure you are using windows file explorer to look at the flash drive?
    I could only imagine a "this folder is empty" message if you are using windows media player or some other player/application which won't recognise the humax file extensions such as anyprogramme.ts and it therefore reports the folder as empty

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 23:33:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bulletguy

I've uploaded a couple of screenshots so you can see what i get.

First shows the flash drive indicated as "Removable Disk J" when i right click on that to "open"...i then get the second screenshot.

Attachments

1. Z3.JPG (59.4 KB, 9 downloads) 7 years old
    2. Z2.JPG (81.9 KB, 11 downloads) 7 years old
    | Mon 14 Nov 2016 23:48:04 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bulletguy - 24 minutes ago  » 
    when i right click on that to "open"...i then get the second screenshot.

What happens if you just left click on it?

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 0:13:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.