My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Cannot turn off subtitles

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jasper14

As hard of hearing have subtitles on for most programmes but wear hearing aids to see live programmes and cannot turn subtitles off . The SUB button should be an on/off toggle ? Does not seem to work ? Suggestions ?

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 10:34:21 #1 |
  2. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I haven't got the same machine as you Jasper14, but on the FVP-4000T that is certainly the case. What do you see on screen when you use the SUB button? It might be that the button has ceased to function having become stuck. Welcome to the forum. R-

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 11:31:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Jasper14 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The SUB button should be an on/off toggle ? Does not seem to work ? Suggestions ?

The first press of the SUB button displays the subtitle function's status. A single pres of the button will not toggle the status.

Instead of a single press it needs to be pressed a second time with the status still being displayed to toggle the status.

If for some reason you are unable to press the SUB button quickly enough twice in succession it is also possible to toggle the status via the menu.
    MENU >> Settings >> Preferences >> Screen Display >> Subtitle Display

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 11:38:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

RogerB - 2 hours ago  » 
    I haven't got the same machine as you Jasper14, but on the FVP-4000T that is certainly the case. What do you see on screen when you use the SUB button? It might be that the button has ceased to function having become stuck. Welcome to the forum. R-

On my 5000T it is not a simple toggle. It needs two presses as described by Luke, one to activate the subtitle status display and one to change the status from 'OFF' to 'English' or vice versa. So it could well be the same across a range of models.

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 14:30:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jasper14

Have just pressed the SUB button twice as advised and can now switch subtitles on and off ! Pity the manual didn't explain this clearly ! Thanks to all for help

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 22:13:39 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.