My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Cannot view photos from my home network computer

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonathan76

Photos display OK from USB stick but not so convenient and flexible and possibly music at the same time.....

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 12:19:46 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Struggling to make this work using my 5000T. I have some .jpg files in my Pictures shared folder.
    Freeview Play - Media - Selecting My Laptop - Pictures Folder - All Pictures shown no files.
    I can play videos (recordings) on my HDR-FOX-T2. I will try uploading a few jpegs to it to see if this works.

Works for me...on FVP 5000T

Freeview Play - Media - Photo - Computer

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 12:35:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonathan76

Thanks for that Barry. All I get on my Media - Photo screen is the message No Photo File available. Although I haven't created a shared video folder on my computer I get the analogous message No Video File available.

What computer operating system do you use? If it is Windows 10 Pro could you write a step by step list of exactly what you do when sharing photo files. As far as I can remember I shared the photo and the folder. Do I need to share the photo aswell as put it in a shared folder? I'm feeling a bit of a dunce here where it should be a straightforward process?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 12:57:03 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Interesting - Just tried copying some to my Homegroup photos folder - still can't see them.

Barry what do you see in your homegroup library folders in Windows Explorer ?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 12:59:58 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jonathan76 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that Barry. All I get on my Media - Photo screen is the message No Photo File available. Although I haven't created a shared video folder on my computer I get the analogous message No Video File available.
    What computer operating system do you use? If it is Windows 10 Pro could you write a step by step list of exactly what you do when sharing photo files. As far as I can remember I shared the photo and the folder. Do I need to share the photo aswell as put it in a shared folder? I'm feeling a bit of a dunce here where it should be a straightforward process?

Have you got a homegroup set up ?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:02:19 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jonathan can you try this - I can't use 5000T at the moment better half is watching Bargain Hunt.

In windows explorer locate your pictures folder - right click and choose properties.

Click on the sharing tab and select share if not already ticked. Now add everyone to the list of who is allowed to share.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:22:35 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Interesting - Just tried copying some to my Homegroup photos folder - still can't see them.
    Barry what do you see in your homegroup library folders in Windows Explorer ?

Nowt?

I have the same homegroup set up and all PC/Laptops, then just enabled file and printer sharing across my homegroup.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:34:53 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Jonathan76 - 37 minutes ago  » 

Default message is 'No photo file available' with recent in left hand pane highlighted.

Are you highlighting then pressing OK on your computer in the left hand pane?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 13:37:16 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Jonathan can you try this - I can't use 5000T at the moment better half is watching Bargain Hunt.
    In windows explorer locate your pictures folder - right click and choose properties.
    Click on the sharing tab and select share if not already ticked. Now add everyone to the list of who is allowed to share.

The above worked OK, I can now see all the .jpg files. The ones smaller than 3300 x 2500 display OK.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 14:16:57 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonathan76

Barry/Graham, I did exactly as you describe to share the photo on my computer. I use Open Office/File Explorer but shouldn't make any difference? Left hand pane on Humax says Internal HDD which I OK'd to give Downloaded which when highlighted and OK'd does nothing. Same error message of no Photo Files available! Mmh...

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 14:27:10 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.