My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Cannot view photos from my home network computer

(31 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guessing downloaded refers to external content you have added to the box.

I think you may have to use Windows 10 explorer as it natively supports windows libraries.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 14:55:55 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Guessing downloaded refers to external content you have added to the box.

Correct

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 15:02:03 #22 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Jonathan76 - 50 minutes ago  » 
    Barry/Graham, I did exactly as you describe to share the photo on my computer. I use Open Office/File Explorer but shouldn't make any difference? Left hand pane on Humax says Internal HDD which I OK'd to give Downloaded which when highlighted and OK'd does nothing. Same error message of no Photo Files available! Mmh...

You have to highlight your computer in left pane....in first image you can see my computer named 'Wallace'...and in the second image 'Wallace' has been highlighted, pressed OK and you can see contents of a folder.

Attachments

1. IMG_0081.JPG (405.7 KB, 3 downloads) 6 years old
    2. IMG_0078.JPG (387.6 KB, 4 downloads) 6 years old
    | Wed 15 Nov 2017 15:19:48 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonathan76

Barry, Graham, I've checked out the hypothesis that using MS Office instead of Open Office might be the cause of my problem by:

My wife is on our home network also and has an identical computer to me but it uses MS Office. I've created a Test Shared Photo Folder on her computer and put a smallish jpg photo in it. After sharing with 'everyone' I still get no response on the Humax. Same error report of no photofile........

I'm not sure of the relevance of using a HomeGroup or indeed whether I have one. Is it essential? I thought it might just be a way of limiting the extent of the sharing?

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 15:30:30 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jonathan76 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Barry, Graham, I've checked out the hypothesis that using MS Office instead of Open Office might be the cause of my problem by:
    My wife is on our home network also and has an identical computer to me but it uses MS Office. I've created a Test Shared Photo Folder on her computer and put a smallish jpg photo in it. After sharing with 'everyone' I still get no response on the Humax. Same error report of no photofile........
    I'm not sure of the relevance of using a HomeGroup or indeed whether I have one. Is it essential? I thought it might just be a way of limiting the extent of the sharing?

According to the internet DLNA serving In Windows 10 relies on using a homegroup. It also uses libraries. Using libraries allows you to simply add links to all the different folders with matching content within the library folder without having to move the files.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-setup-and-manage-windows-10-homegroup-local-network

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 15:36:49 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You don't seem to have the PC in your server list.

Attachments

1. DLNAShared.jpg (125.6 KB, 3 downloads) 6 years old
    | Wed 15 Nov 2017 15:46:56 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonathan76

Graham,Impressive bit of communication here, nice pics. Have to go out in the garden just now so will set up a HomeGroup later if I don't have one already. Many thanks for your efforts so far.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 16:01:29 #27 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you see each others shared folders on the other PC?
    If you can then the Humax should see them also.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 16:09:26 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonathan76

Thanks for joining us Repassac. My computer on our network is the master computer which is hard wired to the wifi hub. It detects both of our computers and also the hub but keeps asking me for user credentials ie password etc to get into her computer and I don't know what these credentials are.
    My wife's computer on the other hand sees both computers but not the hub and can immediately connect with either one of them and she can view all shared files/folders without a password.
    Neither of the computers show the Humax PVR linked in which surprises me.
    To keep the setup simple we have not created a home group. Do I need to do this to use the show photo function?
    I'll have to call it a day now and revisit the problem tomorrow. Thanks for help so far from all of you.

| Wed 15 Nov 2017 19:23:50 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.