My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Cannot watch 2 channels

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andyw

Hi,

I have 2 x v good signals on both tuners. However, we keep getting the message something like "cannot change channel while recording. This seems to be an intermittent message, but wondered if this is a known issue or we are doing something wrong? It is very frustrating.

Any info would be appreciated thank you.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 22:42:36 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Would you happen to be recording from 2 channels while trying to tune into another?

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 22:52:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andyw

Hi Gonzo,

Many thanks for the very swift reply.

I have had a another look and it appears that the channel recording has actually being recorded twice. One with BBC one HD ......and another with BBC one ScotHD ?? Not sure what has happened here.

At present it has decided to let me watch another channel but now cannot change this to watch anything else without "cannot change channel while recording" comes up.

Although even if this is the case, I thought you could record 2 channels and watch another?

Thanks in advance f any help

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 22:59:12 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I gather this program is being recorded as part of a series link? If so then that's a broadcaster issue and they have messed their end, but of course your box doesn't know this and is just doing what it's supposed to be doing when it finds the appropriate program info is being broadcast.
    When recording 2 channels at the same time you can watch another, but are limited in channels available due to the way the different transponders work so you were probably trying to access one of the restricted channels.
    If you press the channel up and down button rather than trying to select through the guide then it will scroll through any available channels.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 23:13:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andyw

Thank you very much for your clear explanation.

As you can gather, we have only just got the box after dumping Sky. Takes a bit of getting used to, but tbh it is quite an impressive unit. Just not as stable as Sky..but that was costing £60 a month.... So you have to expect some minor hiccups.

V pleased I found the forum though. Thanks for your help

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 23:19:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Andyw - 23 minutes ago  » ...One with BBC one HD ......and another with BBC one ScotHD...

I've had that several times in the past. As Gonzo says, it's due to a screw up by BBC tagging both pgms with the same CRID info.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 23:24:32 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.