My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Cant change channel when recording

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tim77

I have Humax-1000s 500gb freesat box,

Its only 2 weeks old, but it seems to have a problem, when I recording 1 programme, I try to change the channel on certain channels, but it says it can't change when recording.

But it does let me change to a few channels then not others

Any help would be good

Tim

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 0:56:50 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Go to settings > System info > Signal info.
    At the foot of the page does it say "freesat box connected with 2 cable"? If not, note schedule, do a factory reset and try again.

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 9:40:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tim77

Thank you for your help,

It does say connected with 2 cables but tuner 2 still says no signal, I swap cables around and done factory reset and still not working

Any help would be great

Tim

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 18:02:05 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tim77 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for your help,
    It does say connected with 2 cables but tuner 2 still says no signal, I swap cables around and done factory reset and still not working
    Any help would be great
    Tim

Tuner 2 only indicates when it's being used (the 2 cables found message indicates all is OK). If you start a recording then tuner 1 is used for the recording and tuner 2 is then active, if you now look at diagnostics you should see both tuners indicating signal strength/quality.

Try this start a instant recording on BBC1-HD, then a second on BBC-HD. Tune to ITV1-HD and press pause, if you can pause ITV1-HD all is OK.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 18:08:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tim77

It is working,

Thank you

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 18:18:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ray

i have the same problem ( hdr 1000s ) my unit says only one cable connected ! i have two cables connected, i've checked all connections, tried the above recording suggestion and also a factory re -set. i get good signal on cable two on certain channels and i get good signal on cable one on other channels !!!!!!! i've also tried un-plugging the unit and then resetting again. nothing seems to work ? any help most welcome.

ray.

| Sun 23 Dec 2012 0:28:57 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ray - 10 hours ago  » 
    i have the same problem ( hdr 1000s ) my unit says only one cable connected ! i have two cables connected, i've checked all connections, tried the above recording suggestion and also a factory re -set. i get good signal on cable two on certain channels and i get good signal on cable one on other channels !!!!!!! i've also tried un-plugging the unit and then resetting again. nothing seems to work ? any help most welcome.
    ray.

See #2 and #4. Do a factory reset and watch for the message confirming two cable operation. On the System info - Signal page look for the message at the foot of the screen.

| Sun 23 Dec 2012 10:41:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ray

many thanks, all up and running now. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 16:19:26 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.