My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can't change channel while recording

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dragnil

Hi, Still learning the HDR Fox T2 after some years with a 9200. I was surprised last night to be unable to change channel. I was recording 2 progs and when I wanted to view something else it said, "Not possible while recording" (or similar). The List had most greyed out and, again, no ability to move up or down the list. I'm sure this limitation didn't affect me on the old 9200 or is my addled brain remembering wrongly?

Edit - sorry put this in the wrong forum, I'll go and stand in the corner.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 12:26:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dragnil - 45 minutes ago  » 
    I'm sure this limitation didn't affect me on the old 9200 or is my addled brain remembering wrongly?

Your brain is remembering wrongly (or there is something wrong with your box). If any twin tuner PVR is recording from two channels on different multiplexes then the choice of channels to watch live will be limited to those from the multiplexes being recorded. Perhaps you could tell us what channels were being recorded so that we can check that you don't have a faulty tuner?

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 13:15:33 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If recording 2 channels, you can only change channel to another on the same multiplexes as you are recording.

You should have been able to move up and down the list using the central cursor control button, and if you highlighted a channel not 'greyed out' and pressed OK, change to that channel.

Snap, Martin was a bit quicker in responding.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 13:15:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Add if both recording channels are from the same mux you can watch (and pause live) any other channel

Try recording two HD chaanels you should be able to watch any other channel.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 13:53:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dragnil

Thanks for the quick responses. I thought I understood the 2 Mux thing but last night about 9pm I had the Yesterday channel and BBC 1 HD recording at the same time. I'm certain that I couldn't move up or down the channel list but I'll try that again in the way Barry says, I may have been using the Page rocker. The set's not yet a week old and has displayed some anomalies but they are random and I'm trying to pin them down to see if it's a problem or simply the nut on the handle.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 14:00:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dragnil - 13 minutes ago  » 
    I thought I understood the 2 Mux thing but last night about 9pm I had the Yesterday channel and BBC 1 HD recording at the same time.

That would certainly significantly limit your choice of channel.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 14:15:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dragnil

Why, Martin, is it the HD thing? - I'm still new to HD and am still learning, mostly from reading the topics in here.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 14:27:17 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dragnil - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Why, Martin, is it the HD thing? - I'm still new to HD and am still learning, mostly from reading the topics in here.

All the HD channels are on the same mux. You should have been able to view any of the following. (assuming your transmitter is post DSO)

BBC-HD
    ITV1-HD
    CH4-HD

and all the channels listed here in COM6

http://www.dmol.co.uk/mux_post.php

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 14:45:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

dragnil

Crikey, it's all getting a bit complicated for an old fart; I'd just got my head around the old system, well I thought I had. Thanks again for helping.

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 14:56:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dragnil

Back to the original point. I've just replicated what I did last night, channels Yesterday and BBC1HD are recording and I can use the Page rocker switch to move around the channels which are available. I can also do what Barry described in the Channel List - great.

But last night I was stuck with an error message saying that I could not change channels while recording (why not I asked myself) - does this suggest a fault with the machine?

| Fri 13 Jan 2012 15:11:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.