My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't change channels at current time in epg

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Recently changed from an HDR-Fox T2 to an fvp-4000t and seem to have a problem when changing channels from the epg. If the programme I want to switch to straddles the current time (the yellow line) when I press OK it only gives options to 'Close' or 'Record (current episode or series). It doesn't give an option to' Watch live' so there's no way to change channel from the epg.
    I can close the epg and scroll through the channels to select on but if I go into the epg again the same thing happens.
    If I scroll backwards it then loses the epg from the yellow line backwards. Yet 10 minutes later its OK again and the option to 'Watch live' is available.
    I've installed the latest software so is there a bug?

| Fri 4 May 2018 20:24:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Posted in error. I need to try and reproduce tomorrow. Are you by any chance already recording the programme ?

Has the programme you have selected actually started ?

| Fri 4 May 2018 21:47:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I've seen the same curtailed menu Close or Record on my 1000S during the transition from one pgm to the next in the EPG, but it lasts only a few seconds. If it persists then it's a bug.

| Fri 4 May 2018 21:59:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 35 seconds ago  » 
    I've seen the same curtailed menu Close or Record on my 1000S during the transition from one pgm to the next in the EPG, but it lasts only a few seconds. If it persists then it's a bug.

HDR-1000S is a Freesat box, the FVP boxes are very different but yes it might be similar. Need more info re the time the OP switched to the channel and the scheduled times.

| Fri 4 May 2018 22:03:44 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I get two options Watch Live and Record Whole Series where the programme has already started.

| Sat 5 May 2018 10:51:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The condition I have seen on my 1000S can occur as follows...

1) Pgm A is scheduled to finish at 9:30, but over-runs beyond that. During that short over-run period the EPG changes to show Pgm B starting at 09:30, despite Pgm A still running. Select Pgm B in the EPG and you get a 2-part menu...
    Close this menu or Record

2) Pgm A under-runs and finishes just before 9:30. The EPG still shows Pgm A finishing at 9:30 and when you select it again you get the curtailed menu.

Took me some time to realise what was happening here. In both instances the effect only persists for 5 to 10 secs.

| Sat 5 May 2018 12:12:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

grahamlthompson - 22 hours ago  » 
    Posted in error. I need to try and reproduce tomorrow. Are you by any chance already recording the programme ?
    Has the programme you have selected actually started ?

Not recording and I can't tell if the programme has actually started because I can't switch to it? However, there's a small gap between the yellow 'current time' line and the programme I'm trying to select so I guess this means it probably hasn't started. I think the size of this 'gap' is what determines how long the effect lasts too?
    I can't replicate or make it happen either - it seems to be at random.

| Sat 5 May 2018 21:01:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Pollensa1946 - 9 hours ago  » 
    The condition I have seen on my 1000S can occur as follows...
    1) Pgm A is scheduled to finish at 9:30, but over-runs beyond that. During that short over-run period the EPG changes to show Pgm B starting at 09:30, despite Pgm A still running. Select Pgm B in the EPG and you get a 2-part menu...
    Close this menu or Record
    2) Pgm A under-runs and finishes just before 9:30. The EPG still shows Pgm A finishing at 9:30 and when you select it again you get the curtailed menu.
    Took me some time to realise what was happening here. In both instances the effect only persists for 5 to 10 secs.

That's interesting? It pretty much sums up what happens in my case except the effect lasts longer. How do you know if the programme has over or under run though?

| Sat 5 May 2018 21:47:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

rodmac1951 - 36 minutes ago  » 

...How do you know if the programme has over or under run though?

On the 1000S the EPG is presented with the live pgm PIP, so you can watch the pgm and watch the EPG change.

| Sat 5 May 2018 22:25:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Pollensa1946 - 14 minutes ago  » 

rodmac1951 - 36 minutes ago  » 

...How do you know if the programme has over or under run though?

On the 1000S the EPG is presented with the live pgm PIP, so you can watch the pgm and watch the EPG change.

This model can't do anything like that! In fact the epg is nowhere near as good as the fox-t2 so as is often the case newer doesn't mean better...

| Sat 5 May 2018 22:45:39 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.