My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't change channels at current time in epg

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jarvmeister

I have a similar issue with both of my 4000T units since the update. If I pause or rewind a channel I'm watching live (ie timeshift) then go into the EPG I only get the option to record or close that program, not watch live. I have to press stop on what I am watching then go all the way back into the epg and start again.

Definite bug introduced in the latest firmware.

| Wed 9 May 2018 7:17:06 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

This issue still exists so I've got a specific example in the hope someone can help. This was the exact situation tonight:

Current time 10.30pm and watching ITV, opened EPG and scrolled down to BBC4. The programme running on BBC4 is Horizon which runs until 10.50 (about 20 minutes beyond the yellow line). When I clicked on it the only option available is 'Close'. I then checked the following programme but the only options are 'record' or 'remind'. Went back to Horizon and still the only option is 'Close'.

So I can't switch to anything on BBC4 from the EPG. I did the same thing 10 minutes later and got the same result. Tried again 5 minutes after that (with 5 minutes for Horizon still to run) and 'watch live' was now available. So I was locked out for at least 15 minutes.

However, it's clearly nothing to do with an over-running programme because it still had 20 minutes to run when I first tried and it finished at the correct time.

This is a specific example but it's happening often but seemingly affecting random channels and times. Is this likely to be a fault or does anyone else have the problem?

| Mon 14 May 2018 23:13:13 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

What happens if you don't bother with the EPG for this and just press 9 on the remote?

| Tue 15 May 2018 7:58:26 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Damned if they do Damned if....

A recent update changed this, owners complained that the unit changed channel if reviewing the details of a programme currently on air.

| Tue 15 May 2018 9:48:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

A1944 - 11 hours ago  » 
    What happens if you don't bother with the EPG for this and just press 9 on the remote?

I have no problem selecting a channel by its number so if I know what I want to watch I can go straight to that channel. But that doesn't help if I don't know what's on - hence the EPG.

| Tue 15 May 2018 19:51:50 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 
    A recent update changed this, owners complained that the unit changed channel if reviewing the details of a programme currently on air.

Ah, it came with the latest software installed so I wasn't aware of this. I can see why there were complaints.......! But if the 'vintage' Fox-T2 could do it - and do it quicker and with less buttons to push - it can't be beyond the realms of possibility....can it?

I'm still trying to convince 'her with the remote' that this box is more uptodate than the Fox-T2 but she flatly refuses to believe it so any pointers you have that could help would be much appreciated

| Tue 15 May 2018 20:02:07 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rodmac1951 - 49 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 

Ah, it came with the latest software installed so I wasn't aware of this. I can see why there were complaints.......! But if the 'vintage' Fox-T2 could do it - and do it quicker and with less buttons to push - it can't be beyond the realms of possibility....can it?
    I'm still trying to convince 'her with the remote' that this box is more uptodate than the Fox-T2 but she flatly refuses to believe it so any pointers you have that could help would be much appreciated

4000T/5000T record up to 4, HDR-Fox-T2 record two

4000/5000T full complement of catch up services plus Netflix and Youtube. HDR-Fox-T2 somewhat buggy iplayer for instance.

Both record reliably.

Mind you two networked HDR-FOX-T2's allow you to watch all the recordings on the other box (including HD) and vice versa and the UI is much slicker in some ways. Programme Info and dedicated skip keys for instance.

Personally I think many of the issues are down to the supplied remote.

The box is more responsive using a harmony remote.

| Tue 15 May 2018 21:04:56 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

rodmac1951 - 49 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 

Hah, thanks Graham. I've tried that approach to no avail I'm afraid! If it doesn't do what it's supposed to do (instantly) then it's my fault of course!

However, regardless of the issue on my original post, which doesn't appear to have a solution, I'm also disappointed in the performance compared to old 'foxy'. The only useful feature it has over the FOX-T2 is the Freeview play element and even that is painfully slow to progress through 'On demand'.

I've been using a 'Harmony' remote and an 'AllinOne' and I too find they both respond better than the original. Mind you, I hadn't noticed until you said though.

| Thu 17 May 2018 13:23:22 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodmac1951

Well, it's now much worse. Tonight I can't access any channels from the EPG. I'm on BBC HD (101) but if I go into the EPG and try to switch channels every one only has options to either 'Close', 'Watch on demand' or 'Record'. Not a single channel has an option to 'Watch Live'.

I guess there must be a fault otherwise everyone would be complaining as there's no point in having the guide if it's like this. If nobody else has experienced it I'll see what Humax have to say about it - or send the box back!

| Mon 21 May 2018 21:20:04 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.