My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can't connect to TV Portal

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

woodstock

HI
    I'm the technologically hamfisted newby.
    I've just bought a HDR2000T as after 8 years my Toppy has died.
    I have connected it all up and hooked up the included humax wifi dongle.
    I have been in the settings and put in router password and it eventually connected at 13Mbps.
    When I press TV PORTAL it says 'Cannot connect to network - please check your internet connection or network setting'
    I have full signal strenth on my laptop 2m away from the unit.
    I've done a speed test and got 2.5 meg download.

So - any ideas????

| Thu 19 Dec 2013 23:22:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jilawrence

Hi.

Just bought a 2000T myself, and had a similar problem initially. From what I read the dongle isn't very sensitive. In fact I couldn't get it to connect at all until I swapped it from the back USB to the front (a tip picked up from another forum post).

Since then I've used a USB extension lead so I can revert to plugging it in at the back. I was then able to find a wifi 'sweet spot' and the connection has been fine ever since with no buffering. The dongle is now laying down just at the side of my stereo on the shelf below my PVR, but on the side nearest to my router (which is in another room).

So although your laptop may work fine 2m away in the middle of the room, I think the dongle is literally that sensitive that it requires extremely careful placing.

Hope that helps,
    James.

| Sat 21 Dec 2013 13:07:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

archi-tect

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. i carry out the instructions in the internet settings and the messgae says that the wifi is connected (at 65Mps) and that i can now use the network but when i select Humax tv portal from the remote or in menu it gives me the same message as you have written above.

Any suggestions?

thanks

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 23:13:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

archi-tect - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm having the same problem. i carry out the instructions in the internet settings and the messgae says that the wifi is connected (at 65Mps) and that i can now use the network but when i select Humax tv portal from the remote or in menu it gives me the same message as you have written above.

First try the basic step of putting the Humax into standby waiting for a minute and then bringing it out of standby and seeing if it now works. If not tell us what the IP address, DNS address and gateway address as reported by the Humax?

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 1:24:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EmmaF

I am having exactly the same problem, I have moved the dongle to the front, the tv is in the same room as the router. The internet connection tells me it is connected at 65 Mps, but when I go to the portal I get the message 'cannot connect to the internet check your connection'. Did anyone manage to resolve this?

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 20:34:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

EmmaF - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am having exactly the same problem, I have moved the dongle to the front, the tv is in the same room as the router. The internet connection tells me it is connected at 65 Mps, but when I go to the portal I get the message 'cannot connect to the internet check your connection'. Did anyone manage to resolve this?

Lots of people have these boxes connected successfully. Start by telling us the information requested in the post above yours.

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 22:57:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gracey

I'm having same problem with the error message 'cannot connect to internet, please check your internet connection or network settings'. In internet settings it shows network connected. Switching off, leaving it a while and switching on again doesn't work. I'm using the Ethernet connection. In the LAN settings it has:
    IP address 192.168.1.2
    network 255.255.255.0
    gateway address 192.168.1.1
    DNS address 192.168.1.1
    what should I do?

| Sat 20 Dec 2014 19:57:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

morecote

Hello
    I am also having problems connecting . When I come to the set up only connect to LAN is highlighted. Connect to Wi Fi is greyed out.

| Sun 5 Jul 2015 17:24:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

morecote - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Hello
    I am also having problems connecting . When I come to the set up only connect to LAN is highlighted. Connect to Wi Fi is greyed out.

That is normal if you do not have a compatible wifi dongle connected.

| Sun 5 Jul 2015 17:51:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

muirc123

I am having same problem - I am using the power point circuit to transmit internet from my hub- which is working fine at reasonable speed.
    This works fine on my satlellite humax next door - just not the 1 TB TV box.

Any ideas?
    doI need to change the IP's or anything?

| Mon 13 Jul 2015 14:18:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.