My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can't connect to TV Portal

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

muirc123 - 32 minutes ago  » 
    I am having same problem - I am using the power point circuit to transmit internet from my hub- which is working fine at reasonable speed.
    doI need to change the IP's or anything?

If you look under Internet settings on the Humax, what values are shown for IP address, DNS and Gateway?

| Mon 13 Jul 2015 14:52:16 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

morecote

I am having the same problem. I recently purchased the HDR 2000T. I also purchased an EDimax EW-7711UAn V2 dongle which i understand is suitable for my Humax. I have tried plugging it into both the front and the rear USB. But every time it is not recognised. The Humax only seems to want to connect via the LAN.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

| Tue 14 Jul 2015 16:23:53 #12 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

morecote - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I am having the same problem. I recently purchased the HDR 2000T. I also purchased an EDimax EW-7711UAn V2 dongle which i understand is suitable for my Humax. I have tried plugging it into both the front and the rear USB. But every time it is not recognised. The Humax only seems to want to connect via the LAN.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

The V2 Edimax EW-7711UAN dongle is not compatible with Humax units as it does not use the Ralink RT3070 chipset. You can still get the Tenda W311U+ through Amazon for about £12 delivered: this model also has a high gain antenna.

| Tue 14 Jul 2015 16:54:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

andytid

Today bought the HDR 2000T. I'm having the same problem. Wifi is connected (at 52Mps) but when i select Humax tv portal from the remote or in menu it gives me the same message as has been written above.
    IP Address:192.168.0.9
    DNS:194.168.4.100
    Gateway:192.168.0.1

andytid

| Tue 18 Aug 2015 21:39:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andytid - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Today bought the HDR 2000T. I'm having the same problem. Wifi is connected (at 52Mps) but when i select Humax tv portal from the remote or in menu it gives me the same message as has been written above.
    IP Address:192.168.0.9
    DNS:194.168.4.100
    Gateway:192.168.0.1

I take it you are with Virgin Media? If so those IP addresses look reasonable. Have you tried putting the Humax into standby (when not recording or about to record), waiting until the disk has stopped spinning and then turning off the mains power. Wait for a minute and then turn on the power. It is surprising how often this fixes first time connection problems.

| Tue 18 Aug 2015 22:33:33 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andytid

Thank you Martin.Yes it is Virgin. This has now solved the problem.

| Tue 18 Aug 2015 22:45:48 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Garg

Hi. i am new on this forum.
    Ihave the 2000T and have the Humax wi-fi dongle.
    Have had problems as previously posted by some of you.

"I've just bought a HDR2000T.
    I have connected it all up and hooked up the included humax wifi dongle.
    I have been in the settings and put in router password and it eventually connected at 13Mbps.
    When I press TV PORTAL it says 'Cannot connect to network"

After much checking and trying different things as suggested on this forum, I found the following solved the problem straight away.
    After setting up with the router password go into configeration and check the settings are shown. Do not change anything but go down to the APPLY button and press it. Do the same on the Lan settings.
    I think the initial setup and connection is for the hardware and by pressing APPLY it also confirms the settings to the software (why else would there be an apply button).

So pleased this worked and thought I must register and pass this on to you.
    Hope this solves the problem for some of you.

| Thu 5 Nov 2015 22:53:27 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

It maybe not for everyone but Homeplugs are a much better solution than WiFi. Once you connect via a Homeplug you can forget about Wifi issues and also stream in HD without any buffering etc.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 12:19:30 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hazelann70

I had this problem as well. The strange thing is, when I re-connected to my wifi, the portal now works. Rather odd as last night, the internet was connected (apparently).

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 11:49:58 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spacca

Im having the same problem, internet is connected but it won't connect to the portal. I'm starting to wonder is the portal worth all this hassle?

| Sat 27 Feb 2016 13:23:03 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.