My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can't find Record International (Brasil)

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

skyranger

I could be in serious trouble.

While my Brazilian girlfriend went home to visit her family I decided to cancel my sky subscription and buy a Humax HDR-1000S Freesat PVR. I checked that Record Int. was available before I bought it but I couldn't find that channel when scanning the non-freesat channels last night.

Can anyone tell me how to get it or give me the bad news I'm hoping not to hear ?

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 12:41:59 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

According to King Of Sat it's on Eutelsat28A at 28.5E parameters are :

12523.00 V DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=record+int

If you have the following in freesat mode shouldn't be a problem

510 CLUBLAND TV
    511 Massive R&B
    516 heart tv
    517 CAPITAL TV
    720 Choice FM
    721 Classic FM
    722 Gold
    723 XFM London
    730 PlanetRock
    805 Gems TV
    806 TV Shop
    809 JML Living
    817 Rocks & Co 1
    818 TGGC Outlet
    821 HIGH STREET TV

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 12:57:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

skyranger

I have those channels listed, and I know Record Int. was 801 on Sky, but it doesn't show up anywhere in Freesat mode. In non-freesat mode the scan shows a large number of channels numbered around 5200 but I spent some time last night scrolling through them but couldn't find it anywhere.

Has anyone got access to it on their HDR-1000S, and if so, can you tell me the channel number please ?

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 13:06:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

skyranger - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I have those channels listed, and I know Record Int. was 801 on Sky, but it doesn't show up anywhere in Freesat mode. In non-freesat mode the scan shows a large number of channels numbered around 5200 but I spent some time last night scrolling through them but couldn't find it anywhere.
    Has anyone got access to it on their HDR-1000S, and if so, can you tell me the channel number please ?

It won't help, when you scan for non-freesat channels the channel numbers are allocated by the box on a first come first allocated basis by the box (in the 5000's).

If you scan and save again you will get duplicates with totally different channel numbers.

Once allocated you can change them to whatever you wan't. The logical channel numbers you get in freesat mode are created by the epg (same for Sky) they aren't part of the broadcast data.

I will have a look on my Foxsat-hdr to see if it picks up the channel.

EDIT it's changed it's name to RECORD TV

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 13:23:40 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 16 seconds ago  » 

skyranger - 3 minutes ago  » 

It won't help, when you scan for non-freesat channels the channel numbers are allocated by the box on a first come first allocated basis by the box (in the 5000's).
    If you scan and save again you will get duplicates with totally different channel numbers.
    Once allocated you can change them to whatever you wan't. The logical channel numbers you get in freesat mode are created by the epg (same for Sky) they aren't part of the broadcast data.
    I will have a look on my Foxsat-hdr to see if it picks up the channel.
    EDIT it's changed it's name to RECORD TV

The HDR-1000s isn't very good using non-freesat (deletes your freesat recording schedule). If you still have the Sky box and run a 3rd coax from the lnb you can use it as a free to air box for all the free channels on the Sky epg.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 13:26:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

skyranger

Ok, thank you for your help.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 13:26:59 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

This may not be much help as Graham has already indicated....but none the less.

A non freesat tune did not pick up this channel intially on my unit, I had to carry out a tune using the transponder details posted earlier.

Record TV appears on channel 5324 on my list.

Not easy to actually view a channel list in non freesat mode, but you can do by the following:

With unit in non freesat mode:

Settings
    Non freesat
    Editable channels
    Next

You will then be presented with a list of channels you can quickly scroll through using the programme up/down button. Make a note of the channel number if record tv is listed, and exit the menu.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 13:34:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

skyranger

I'll have a go at entering the channel details manually tonight. I've got just over a week to sort it out so fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 13:42:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

skyranger

Right, so I've just spent the last two hours manually searching different transponders and although I've found numerous foreign channels that weren't found during the automatic non-freesat scan, I still cannot find Record TV.

I'm going to return this box but do you think it would be worth me trying a Foxsat? I don't need the on-demand features and I believe the foxsat doesn't lose you freesat planned recordings when you switch between the two.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 22:15:40 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

skyranger - 1 hour ago  » 
    Right, so I've just spent the last two hours manually searching different transponders and although I've found numerous foreign channels that weren't found during the automatic non-freesat scan, I still cannot find Record TV.
    I'm going to return this box but do you think it would be worth me trying a Foxsat? I don't need the on-demand features and I believe the foxsat doesn't lose you freesat planned recordings when you switch between the two.

Definetely worth trying a Foxsat. The custom firmware for this box will allow you to schedule non freesat channel manual timers without leaving freesat mode.

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 23:35:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.