My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Can't get 5.1 sound....yet

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just to add all Humax HD boxes output 5.1 over hdmi provided the downmix option in the menus isn't selected.

Foxsat-HD, Foxsat-HDR, HD FOX T2 and HDR FOX T2.

| Thu 10 May 2012 9:37:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pvr

gomezz - 20 hours ago  » 
    Have you tried swapping the HDMI cables from the PVR and the PS3 to different inputs on the TV set? Just in case the TV only passes DD5.1 from one input and not another?
    r.

I'm pretty sure I tried that a bit ago. I thought it may echo old TV's having multiple scart, but only one of them being RGB capable. I'll try again though as I'm only 80% sure I tried it.

| Thu 10 May 2012 19:51:39 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pvr

brian - 11 hours ago  » 
    Presumably you do have your HDR-FOX T2 set to Multi-channel output, and not Stereo?
    MENU > Settings > Preferences > Audio > Digital Audio Output > Multi-channel

Yeah I have, though I had to check just now to make sure. That would have been embarrassing lol.

| Thu 10 May 2012 20:00:44 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's quite rare for TV's to output 5.1 input on a hdmi socket over s/pdif. You may have to use s/pdif direct to your amp. Manual optical switches aren't very expensive if you only have 1 s/pdif optical input.

| Thu 10 May 2012 20:48:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pvr

grahamlthompson - 3 weeks ago  » 
    It's quite rare for TV's to output 5.1 input on a hdmi socket over s/pdif. You may have to use s/pdif direct to your amp. Manual optical switches aren't very expensive if you only have 1 s/pdif optical input.

Just an update on this. Finally doing it the 'old fashioned way' and connecting the pvr via an optical cable to a separate source on the amp does indeed give me 5.1 sound. Its a little bit of an issue (not girlfriend friendly as she'll need training to switch) and I lose a bit of volume, but it will do.
    Incidentally though, my tv does output 5.1 input on a hdmi socket over s/pdif via the ps3 (blurays, dvd, divx and netflix) so I am a little puzzeled as to why the pvr does not. Maybe a software routine in the ps3 which is absent from the pvr? I dunno
    Cheers for the suggestions though people

| Mon 4 Jun 2012 23:31:28 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.