My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Can't get started!

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telly Savvyless

Bought a 2000T yesterday. Set up by simply swapping all the connections from my old Panasonic Freeview/DVD recorder, including the HDMI cable. Switched on. Red light - changed to blue when I switched off standby, but no install menu. Eventually reduced to starting all over again but still nothing. Where do I go from here?

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 16:38:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Telly Savvyless - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Bought a 2000T yesterday. Set up by simply swapping all the connections from my old Panasonic Freeview/DVD recorder, including the HDMI cable. Switched on. Red light - changed to blue when I switched off standby, but no install menu. Eventually reduced to starting all over again but still nothing.

Was this sold as a new box? It sounds as though it is recording (presumably to someone else's schedule) which would account for the red light and lack of access to the installation menu.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 16:44:36 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. If you press the menu button when the right HDMI port on the TV is selected, can you see anything on the TV ?

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 16:45:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telly Savvyless

Thanks Martin and Graham. This was sold new, from a reputable national retailer, via Amazon. I'm pretty sure I pressed the menu button (I pressed every possible button and button combination during a very frustrating hour and a half last night!) but no response on the TV. It must be the correct HDMI port as it's the one the old recorder used. There also must be some sort of connection going on (the aerial signal routing through the Humax at least) as when I switched it off I lost the TV picture.
    I'm afraid I'm not very tech-savvy. When I bought the last Sony TV and Panasonic recorder I got the retailer to set them up, but as it took all of 10 minutes and cost about £25 I thought I'd do it myself this time. Turns out it was the best £25 I ever spent!

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 16:56:56 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You may have to manually select the right hdmi port on the TV using it's remote control. Depending on the model, on Sony TV's you usually press the home button and the left/right buttons to get to the input selection menu.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 17:03:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telly Savvyless

Graham - I did try that. It only actually gave me one HMDI port option (the others were greyed-out and it jumped straight to number 4, if I remember rightly). Still nothing though. Though I will go back and try all these things later, just in case.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 17:12:06 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Telly Savvyless - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Graham - I did try that. It only actually gave me one HMDI port option (the others were greyed-out and it jumped straight to number 4, if I remember rightly). Still nothing though. Though I will go back and try all these things later, just in case.

Plug the box into a different hdmi port on the TV. Does it now give you a different hdmi port number ?

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 17:20:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telly Savvyless

Thanks, I'll try that later (supposed to be working now with a deadline to meet). If that happens, what do I do next?

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 17:24:50 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Telly Savvyless - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, I'll try that later (supposed to be working now with a deadline to meet). If that happens, what do I do next?

If there is still no picture panic

Just joking. Basically it tells us the TV is recognising something is connected to a hdmi port on the TV. If you have another hdmi lead try substituting that one (I imagine the box had one in the packaging).

Next step is disable viera link in the TV menu, to see if that gives you a picture.

If you still get nothing, the box seems to be faulty, so should be replaced.

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 17:35:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Telly Savvyless

Brilliant - thanks very much for your help. I'll try all these options. I'm under pressure to get it up and running before Strictly on Saturday. What a shame if I can't...

| Thu 12 Nov 2015 17:41:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.