Can't pause live TV when recording the same series

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Phil1 - 30 seconds ago  » 
    Crap

You really shouldn't say such things about your own posts

Get used to it, it's just the way the box works. If you don't like it send it back and stop trying to perpetuate what frankly is a totally trivial argument, as there is a perfectly easy way to avoid the issue.

Why you want to record the programme and then watch it live (in effect recording it twice) baffles me. I always watch ITV in chasing playback around 10 - 15 mins behind real time. That way you can skip the ads and finish watching about the same time as the actual programme completes.

| Wed 10 Aug 2016 16:39:38 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Crap, not really. I imagine it was spec'd to enable :
    Recoding the programme being viewed (subject to being tuned to that channel from the start of programme).
    As you know what you want is always possible by using chase play.

It is not a bug, it just was not designed the ideal way for you.

p.s. Started posting before Graham's reply.

| Wed 10 Aug 2016 16:47:48 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

grahamlthompson - 53 minutes ago
    Why you want to record the programme and then watch it live (in effect recording it twice) baffles me.

Do you never watch something live that you are also recording for repeat viewing?

| Wed 10 Aug 2016 17:35:06 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BB - 19 minutes ago  » 

Why you want to record the programme and then watch it live (in effect recording it twice) baffles me.

Do you never watch something live that you are also recording for repeat viewing?

No because I know if I have to pause it for a period long enough that can't be caught up in adverts I will lose the end. It takes seconds to press recordings and play the recording 30 seconds or so or longer behind real time. You can still repeat view as many times as you want.

| Wed 10 Aug 2016 17:57:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Phil1 - 7 hours ago  » 
    Why would the end of recording a programme wipe the buffer of 15 minutes time shift if there aren't any other programmes being recorded?

I don't think it necessarily does wipe the buffer. What may be happening is that it is using the recording itself as the 'buffer' and once the programme has stopped recording it switches back to using the real buffer which has not been populated with the programme. What leads me to suggest this is that on the HDR-FOX T2 the colour of the buffer changes to red as if indicating that the recording is being used instead of the 2 hour buffer while the recording is taking place.

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

BB - 19 minutes ago  » 

No because I know if I have to pause it for a period long enough that can't be caught up in adverts I will lose the end. It takes seconds to press recordings and play the recording 30 seconds or so or longer behind real time. You can still repeat view as many times as you want.

I don't either It is less restrictive to use the recording being made, as it means that I can set bookmarks (on the HDR-FOX T2) and I can restart where I left off if I temporarily switch channels.

| Wed 10 Aug 2016 23:17:18 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.