My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

cant pause since last update

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4jnw

I have a 1100S and since last update 8 Feb cant pause, I get "this function does not work while retrieving data from timeshift buffer" There is nothing recording at the same time.
    I normally use pause when the phone rings but only noticed this after the last update.

Any ideas please?

| Fri 18 May 2018 19:49:45 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

1. Can you pause an existing recording?
    2. If you are watching a programme from the start and press the record button is the recording from the start of the programme?

If the answer to 1 is Yes and the answer to 2 No then you have a corrupt timeslip buffer. Regretfully the solution is to format the disk via the system storage menu.

| Sat 19 May 2018 7:21:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4jnw

I have now formatted but i do notice that on watching live TV if i pause the same error comes back but its usually if it hasn't been on for long or have just changed channels. I wait maybe 10 seconds then i can pause as normal so i suppose this is now ok..
    As to your original question, 1) Yes always has no change before or after format. 2)was no before format but yes after format.

| Sat 19 May 2018 11:28:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

g4jnw - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I have now formatted but i do notice that on watching live TV if i pause the same error comes back but its usually if it hasn't been on for long or have just changed channels. I wait maybe 10 seconds then i can pause as normal so i suppose this is now ok..
    As to your original question, 1) Yes always has no change before or after format. 2)was no before format but yes after format.

Because of the way mpeg compression works, you won't be able to play back until at least one group of pictures (GOP) is recorded. Basically you have one full frame (I-frame) followed by sub frames that only contain difference data to the i-frame. The time will vary slightly with the length in frames of the GOP's. 10 seconds will be 250 frames.

| Sat 19 May 2018 11:36:18 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4jnw

Thanks then it seems its working correctly now. Hope it stays that way as there is one month left of the warrantee.

| Sat 19 May 2018 11:47:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.