My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Can't record same program repeated later in day

(24 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Stephenesque - 13 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    Or to be completely radical you could simply trust the unit to record it the once. I have to say I have never experienced any issues with C5 recording on either my Humax Freesat Freeview or Panasonic Freeview recorders.

I have noticed that my recent C5 and 5USA recordings have been missing the first couple of minutes of the recordings
    Can you use autopadding or adjust the start time in conjunction with series record? I seem to remember that this wasn't possible with the 9200T.

Auto padding can be used with series record.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 11:29:24 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 17 minutes ago  » 

Faust - 1 hour ago  » 
    Or to be completely radical you could simply trust the unit to record it the once. I have to say I have never experienced any issues with C5 recording on either my Humax Freesat Freeview or Panasonic Freeview recorders.

I have noticed that my recent C5 and 5USA recordings have been missing the first couple of minutes of the recordings
    Can you use autopadding or adjust the start time in conjunction with series record? I seem to remember that this wasn't possible with the 9200T.

As Barry says Autopadding can be used with series recordings, it does however disable accurate recording for all reservations. The manual repeating timer is safer, however not missed the better half's 5 soaps for a long time without padding.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 11:33:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Not since the very early days of Sky have I used padding, it sort of defeats the set and forget idea behind owning a PVR. It belongs in the days of the wired remote control and huge piano keys to work the VCR.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 17:26:53 #13 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Thanks for the replies about autopadding. I'll see how I go on with Series Record and catching any missing beginnings by using Demand 5.

One thing I have noticed when watching on Demand 5 is that there haven't been any adverts, which was a pleasant surprise.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 19:12:42 #14 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Further to my earlier post Harry, both of today's episodes of Neighbours recorded in my test.

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 19:15:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Stephenesque - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies about autopadding. I'll see how I go on with Series Record and catching any missing beginnings by using Demand 5.
    One thing I have noticed when watching on Demand 5 is that there haven't been any adverts, which was a pleasant surprise.

Ha ha ha - not a very pleasant surprise for the Ad Dept!

| Fri 8 Jan 2016 19:20:37 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Stephenesque - 4 hours ago  » 

Yes I was pleasantly surprised by no ad breaks on Demand 5. Pity ITV and C4 don't employ the same strategy.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 0:04:02 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Let's hope it doesn't come to that - or at least, not yet. Personally I'd be very sorry to see ITV and C4 eaten by the Americans.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 9:44:57 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

Thanks for the replies, all.

I see some people have had accurate recordings of Neighbours recently, but we've not, sorry, I mean the WIFE hasn't, these are HER recordings, I promise!

Because it's missing quite a bit at the end of the show (5 to 10 minutes) we would rather not waste disk space by padding all our recordings by 10 minutes, so we've set a manual record every day 5 to 6, this does mean we'll get random recordings on the sat and sun too, ho hum.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 8:04:25 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

My test recordings of lunchtime neighbours (series linked) are starting at the 5 logo or just after sponsor message and ending about 6 minutes after programme finishes.

Missing 5 to 10 minutes is unusual even for 5, are you sure you are only tuned to one transmitter?

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 10:47:15 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.