My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Can't record some ITV programs since SW update

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

If I go into the TV guide and press OK on a programme, I get the context menu (watch now, record, and two other options I forget).

On some of the programmes I just tried to record, as a test, it won't let me record today's programmes Splash, Dr. No, Dancing on Ice, All Star Family Fortunes, Mr Selfridge, and Birds of a Feather. Almost all of the shows really.

On others, such as the ITV news and The Store, and The Jeremy Kyle Show USA, it takes me to the next level where it asks me if I want to record one episode or the whole series.

I haven't tried if this applies to any other channels. I'm too pissed off underwhelmed.

Is there any way I can revert to the previous version of the software? That one worked.

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 13:55:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Somethings wrong, I have most of those already set on ITV-HD. I just added splash with no problem.

Reverting to the previous version would be pointless as the box will simply update itself if the new version is still being transmitted ota.

Make a note of your recording schedule and carry out a reset to factory defaults.

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 14:01:47 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. Mind the language please.

2. Just tried all programmes you have mentioned on ITV & ITV HD using either/or OK/Rec button, with no issues at all.

3. The suggestion from Graham is probably your best option.

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 14:08:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

d4005

grahamlthompson - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Somethings wrong, I have most of those already set on ITV-HD. I just added splash with no problem.
    Reverting to the previous version would be pointless as the box will simply update itself if the new version is still being transmitted ota.
    Make a note of your recording schedule and carry out a reset to factory defaults.

I'll try that. First I'll perform the "backup recording schedule" that's next to "Factory Reset" and then I'll "restore recording schedule". Oh wait, those options aren't there.

No, on second thoughts I'm not going through all that in the hope it resolves the issue. If it was a guaranteed [known] solution I'd probably do it. I'm just going to have to rely on ITV on demand (on my computer where there's no black overlay hiding half the screen).

My satisfaction level with this device went from 60% down to about 25% since the update. I'll have to update my online reviews. I think I'll be digging out my TiVo.

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 14:50:48 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Why bother asking for help if you are then going to ignore the advice given in response.

Your other thread re overlay has been merged with the Jan 2014 update thread.

Thread closed

| Sun 19 Jan 2014 15:07:22 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.