My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Cant view channels

(16 posts)
  1. athomson

athomson

special member

OK next time I buy a Free view box then .... I will check its specs to make sure it will receive all I want not that its such a big issue now.

Andy

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 16:46:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

damian - 12 minutes ago  » 

athomson - 46 minutes ago  » 
    new firmware one day will support them?
    Andy

Can't imagine it ever happening on the hdr-t2, even if you find them they'll be incompatible
    Just booted up a huawei YouView box and even this says, just like the humax, they're incompatible with that device however; I can get JSTV on a different YV channel again by 'setting it up' i.e. paying for it.
    iirc these were the sort of channels that used to crash the boxes on older firmware. I've almost gone the other way, wanting to get rid of everything except for 101 - 124 and iplayer, it'd cause too much trouble though in the household.

Humax YouView boxes can now receive some of the Arqiva IP channels - no payment required. They're not the FreeView version though - that requires MHEG-IC, still not implemented on YouView and perhaps never will be.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2014/12/03/arqiva-puts-connect-tv-channels-on-youview/

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 16:58:02 #12 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

Just done a manual re-tune on channel 33 and I have got 71 Motors TV and 73 DAYSTAR. Hope Humax sort out MHEG-IC before my T2 dies though as I like their boxes and they have a good reputation.

Andy

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 17:11:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

athomson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Just done a manual re-tune on channel 33 and I have got 71 Motors TV and 73 DAYSTAR. Hope Humax sort out MHEG-IC before my T2 dies though as I like their boxes and they have a good reputation.
    Andy

I believe the Humax HDR-2000T / 1800T boxes can receive the Arqiva channels.

Arqiva give some info on compatibility at http://www.arqiva.com/home/connect-tv-faqs.html

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 17:26:54 #14 |
  5. athomson

athomson

special member

Thank you JamesB, the site was interesting.

Andy

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 16:32:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Glad you found it useful.

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 17:51:48 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.