My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Can't 'Whole Series' Record on UK Freeview Channel

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColinT

Do you know why I'm not given an option to record a whole series, only an individual programme, on all the programmes on UK Freeview Channel 65, TBN UK? Is the problem at TBN or at Humax? I have a PVR9000T.
    Thank you.
    Colin

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 21:20:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ColinT - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Do you know why I'm not given an option to record a whole series, only an individual programme, on all the programmes on UK Freeview Channel 65, TBN UK? Is the problem at TBN or at Humax? I have a PVR9000T.
    Thank you.
    Colin

The ability to record a series requires the broadcaster to transmit codes known as Content Reference Identifiers (CRIDS). The main two are a series CRID that is the same for all episodes that the broadcasters consider is one series, and a second program crid that is unique to each episode.

Your box will identify which episode matches the series CRID and which program CRID you have not already recorded as they appear in the epg (this avoids recording repeats if the broadcaster gets the crid codes correct),

In the absence of a series CRID in the epg, there will be no series recording option offered.

Basically to answer your original question, it's down to the broadcaster.

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 21:54:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColinT

Thank you.
    Presumably the broadcaster isn't doing it because it would cost more money, do you think?
    I'll contact them and ask them.
    It's certainly a frustration, recording the programs of a series one-by-one week-by-week.
    Colin

grahamlthompson - 17 minutes ago  » 

ColinT - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you.
    Colin

The ability to record a series requires the broadcaster to transmit codes known as Content Reference Identifiers (CRIDS). The main two are a series CRID that is the same for all episodes that the broadcasters consider is one series, and a second program crid that is unique to each episode.
    Your box will identify which episode matches the series CRID and which program CRID you have not already recorded as they appear in the epg (this avoids recording repeats if the broadcaster gets the crid codes correct),
    In the absence of a series CRID in the epg, there will be no series recording option offered.
    Basically to answer your original question, it's down to the broadcaster.

| Sun 13 Sep 2015 22:13:29 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can set up a manual weekly repeating recording reservation (of course this relies on the broadcaster transmitting the content at the same time every week.

Bring up the planned recordings list - press right to enter the list and right again to select set recording. Fill in the required details and choose a repeat pattern.

The recordings will not be neatly filed in a series folder.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 9:56:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ColinT

That's a good idea. I didn't think of that. Should work fine, especially if I'm generous with start and finish times.
    Thank you for your help.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 10:19:01 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.