My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Capacity, recording, deleting

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sidthecat

I've had a 9150T for perhaps 7/8 years and it's never really caused me any problem. My partner used to work away quite frequently and so I recorded many of the mini series that were on for her, the 'Sunday' night dramas, usually 6-8 programmes each of say an hour. This pretty much used all the recording capacity. (I was able to keep back a bit of space for myself as I very much record programmes that clash and so watch them soon afterwards) She no longer travels and has been able to gradually catch up on all her programmes.However, this is what we now cannot understand - she has watched and then deleted say over 12 hours of recordings, we've subsequently set up to record a couple of short items, say 2-3 hours, but are being told there's insufficient space. This seems to be borne out by the fact that originally there was no space available and yet after deleting 12 hours of recordings, the availability has only gone up to 2-3%
    What's going on?
    Thought about formatting but believe that'll delete anything we've still got stored?
    Any advice would be welcome

| Sun 17 May 2015 20:59:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sidthecat - 38 minutes ago  » 
    My partner used to work away quite frequently and so I recorded many of the mini series that were on for her, the 'Sunday' night dramas, usually 6-8 programmes each of say an hour. This pretty much used all the recording capacity.

Something very wrong there. The recording capacity should be more like a hundred hours. Most likely explanation is that the file system is getting a bit confused (which is a relatively common problem) and the only real fix is to watch any important recordings and then format the hard drive (which will indeed delete all recordings).

| Sun 17 May 2015 21:41:28 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Sidthecat - 1 hour ago  » 
    She no longer travels and has been able to gradually catch up on all her programmes.However, this is what we now cannot understand - she has watched and then deleted say over 12 hours of recordings, we've subsequently set up to record a couple of short items, say 2-3 hours, but are being told there's insufficient space. This seems to be borne out by the fact that originally there was no space available and yet after deleting 12 hours of recordings, the availability has only gone up to 2-3%
    What's going on?
    Thought about formatting but believe that'll delete anything we've still got stored?
    Any advice would be welcome

Deleting 12 hours of recordings should have freed up about 12% of the disk space on the assumption that the disk capacity was about 100 hours of TV recordings (160GB disk). However if I remember correctly my old Humax 8000 gives a 'not enough space available' message when the disk is getting full but the recordings do take place, are your recordings actually failing? I would continue to watch and delete before doing anything drastic like a format.

| Sun 17 May 2015 22:11:08 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.