My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Casting from Aura to another chromecast

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrchiggles

Hi all - I'm ready to push the button the Aura if it's able to cast a recording from the box to another chromecast in the house (and preferably cast live TV as well). I assume I'll not be able to confirm if this works until the app is launched and one of you helpful people tries it (Humax directly haven't been able to confirm) but I wondered if anyone else had insight in the meantime? Obviously both should be possible through the app itself but it's the casting on that makes it interesting (and more similar to the recast in that respect)

Thanks!

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 14:55:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I've not seen any mechanism that would allow that to happen, but that's not to say it's not possible.

Perhaps the app will allow for that when it is eventually launched.

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 16:55:36 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mrchiggles - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi all - I'm ready to push the button the Aura if it's able to cast a recording from the box to another chromecast in the house (and preferably cast live TV as well). I assume I'll not be able to confirm if this works until the app is launched and one of you helpful people tries it (Humax directly haven't been able to confirm) but I wondered if anyone else had insight in the meantime? Obviously both should be possible through the app itself but it's the casting on that makes it interesting (and more similar to the recast in that respect)
    Thanks!

Do you have a mobile device that has HDMI out. eg my Samsung s9+ has a hdmi out so you can plug it into a TV to view the content on a large screen. Not all apps let you use HDMI. So cannot yet tell you if the aura app lets you use HDMI.

If this works you do not need another chromecast.

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 18:31:20 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.