My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Casting Nowtv to Aura.

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I can’t recall if I’ve ever tried it, but I wanted to cast the Nowtv app on my phone to the aura. It does not work. When I press the cast icon it gives me the option to select the Aura but nothing happens. Anyone able to cast nowtv to the aura?

| Sat 19 Feb 2022 18:53:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Try changing the chromecast sound from surround to stereo on your phone nowtv app settings. That worked for me.

| Sat 19 Feb 2022 19:24:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

The sound setting is already set to stereo.

| Sat 19 Feb 2022 19:47:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ash21

Hi
    The other thing to keep in mind with Now is that unless you have a boost pass active on your account you will be limited to one active stream at a time. So if you don't have boost when using chromecast, you need to put the app into cast mode before you start streaming content, otherwise the mobile app will start streaming first and will count as your one allowed active stream without boost. If you have boost your allow up to 3 active streams at once.

In relation to audio. There is a specific chrome castaudio set within the Now app itself a mobile/tablet. (Found in my account) This must be set to stereo or casting will not work on the Aura as chromecast built-in, which is what the Aura uses does not like 5.1 audio.

Hope this helps

| Sun 20 Feb 2022 13:31:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I have boost and audio in app set to stereo. When I press the cast icon in the app a pop up appears and allows me to cast to the aura, the cast icon in the app does a short animation and that’s it, nothing else happens. I even uninstalled/installed the app.

| Tue 22 Feb 2022 10:21:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I’m using an iPhone to cast. Do others who can successfully cast also using an iPhone?

| Tue 22 Feb 2022 16:05:52 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.