My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

"Casting" to multiple devices, simultaneously?

(9 posts)
  1. Mkstevo

Mkstevo

I've been wanting to buy an Aura since it was announced but have been waiting for the app to be released. Now the app is available I'm just a little confused as to whether it will do what I want.

At the moment I have a Manhattan PVR (T2R I think). The HDMI from that is sent to a dual splitter. One output of the splitter goes to the "main" TV, a smart Panasonic. The other output of the splitter is fed to a DVB-T modulator which in turn is fed into an aerial amplifier unit. The upshot of this is that I can start *something* playing on the PVR and it is fed to the kitchen, bedroom and iMac (with an EyeTV) so I can watch the same programme (recording, live or chase play) on all four TVs, or any combination of those TVs.

Using the Aura app could I achieve the same thing? The kitchen/bedroom TVs are Samsung smart sets (though quite old) and certainly support "casting" from my 'phone and laptop. I could manage with only one "additional" set being able to view the same programme as the main TV, but playing the same programme, at the same time is more important. Handy for when putting the kettle on, emptying the dishwasher and so on while watching recordings of The Avengers...

Thanks.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 15:00:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not looking good. Started replay on android tablet. Playing back fine. Opened app on android phone. Tried a few HD recordings all stalled. Checked the tablet, it has the could not play this video message.

Looks like one at a time for remote kit. No effect on live TV on HDMI out from box to main TV.

I will try playing same content on both for you.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 15:15:07 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Playback is fine from the same recording to the two Android devices. However impossible to sync output.

I can't see any reason that you can't use the aura HD HDMI out to the same modulator.

You would likely have to set the audio out to stereo instead of surround which I guess you already have to and set the HDMI out manually to 1080p50 so that 4K sources should be available.

Hope that helps let us know if this works if you buy an Aura.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 15:36:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I omitted to check live TV to two devices. I imagine that would work OK. But using the existing setup would seem to be the best way.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 15:48:10 #4 |
  5. Mkstevo

Mkstevo

Thanks for trying for me.

I had been hoping that I would be able to do away with the modulator, that being the main reason for purchasing the Aura. Without the in built facility to display one source on more than one device at the same time there isn't a great deal to persuade me to open up the wallet. At least not while the Manhattan is working.

I really appreciate you taking the time to try.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 16:05:40 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mkstevo - 10 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for trying for me.
    I had been hoping that I would be able to do away with the modulator, that being the main reason for purchasing the Aura. Without the in built facility to display one source on more than one device at the same time there isn't a great deal to persuade me to open up the wallet. At least not while the Manhattan is working.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to try.

You do realise to use the Aura app on say a Android TV you would have to sideload it and control with a air mouse.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 16:18:18 #6 |
  7. Mkstevo

Mkstevo

I'm sure I was a member of this forum. I've had Humax devices dating back to the early satellite receivers that were sold to the Evangelical channel supporters, then onto the first PVR the 8000T, 9200T and on through a selection of other Humax units before going for a DigitalStream, finally landing on the current Manhattan.

Still, when I tried to log in it said I wasn't recognised.

It's obviously been too long...

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 16:20:22 #7 |
  8. Mkstevo

Mkstevo

grahamlthompson - 2 mins ago  » 
    You do realise to use the Aura app on say a Android TV you would have to sideload it and control with a air mouse.

I'd hoped I might be able to "cast" to it either from the Humax itself, view it on the TV through a web page or "cast" from a mobile device to the TV. Still, academic now if it isn't going to work

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 16:24:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Mkstevo - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm sure I was a member of this forum. I've had Humax devices dating back to the early satellite receivers that were sold to the Evangelical channel supporters, then onto the first PVR the 8000T, 9200T and on through a selection of other Humax units before going for a DigitalStream, finally landing on the current Manhattan.
    Still, when I tried to log in it said I wasn't recognised.

If it is a LONG time ago then you were probably a member of an earlier Humax PVR forum that died when the rather erratic owner took it off line. This Forum was set up about ten years ago to fill the gap.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 19:21:42 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.