My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Catch up players poor peruprmance My5 BBC iPlayer

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

My 4000t seems to be suffering poor performance on all of the online catch up players. My5 often fails to load and even when it does won't select a programme. BBC iPlayer has a tendency to buffer and the ITV hub is very slow. My internet connection is a rock solid 35mbps and WiFi throughput of 70mbps and stable. Don't seem to have similar problems using BBC iPlayer through Chromecast. In view of previous posts concerning My5 and also lack of green button on iPlayer, I am wondering if the players are no longer updating on the 4000t? Any thoughts?

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 17:02:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No issues on any of the catch up services on HDR-1000s or FVP-5000T. 100Mbps ISP connection, home plug connection that runs around 200Mbps. Laptop WiFi connected also around 100Mbps.

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 20:14:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Thanks for that. Could be a router issue I suppose but odd why Humax boxes can no longer get green button for BBC iPlayer. Almost seems they are being left behind.

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 20:18:29 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeatupwey - 1 min ago  » 
    Thanks for that. Could be a router issue I suppose but odd why Humax boxes can no longer get green button for BBC iPlayer. Almost seems they are being left behind.

The play from the beginning option still works on the G2 Freesat boxes. Implementation is slightly different and uses a circular arrow on the current BBC programme epg entry.

| Thu 7 Nov 2019 20:21:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

I have used BBC iPlayer on FVP-4000T, FVP-5000T, HB-1100S and HDR-1100S and never had a problem with any of them. All through wifi on BT internet; also HB-1000S using a network cable because I didn't have a dongle at the time.

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 8:35:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Ok thanks for your replies. I have connected the box up to the internet using a wireless access point that I had spare. This bypasses the built in Humax wireless access point. The result is no more buffering. It can only mean the internal WiFi card in the 4000t must be on the blink. Anybody had any experience in replacing the WiFi card, that is if one is available.

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 14:01:34 #6 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

mikeatupwey - 1 hour ago  » 
    It can only mean the internal WiFi card in the 4000t must be on the blink.

Far more likely is a more sensitive, better located access point. With probably absolutely nothing wrong with the on board WiFi board except that its not very good and not optimally placed for WiFi reception.

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 15:18:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mikeatupwey - 1 hour ago  » 
    It can only mean the internal WiFi card in the 4000t must be on the blink. Anybody had any experience in replacing the WiFi card, that is if one is available.

There is a picture of the internals at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-fvp-5000t-1/page/8 and I assume the wireless card is the silver component with two white leads coming from it. I wouldn't be as quick as you are to assume the card is faulty. Perhaps try connecting to a friends WiFi or even your phone as a hotspot and see if the problem persists when connected to a different source.

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 15:30:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeatupwey

Many thanks for the info. The reason I'm pretty sure the WiFi card is at fault is that the access point I have set up connects to the box as a LAN connection rather than WLAN and bypasses the Humax WiFi card. This gives me a stable iPlayer. I have contacted Humax who may offer a replacement box.

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 16:00:03 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.