My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Ch11 issues since sky arts replaced pick tv

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

I never had issues with failed recordings when channel 11 was Pick TV. I wasn’t pleased when 11 became Sky Arts because my signal for Pick TV’s new channel is too weak so lost that channel. Anyway, I digress! I was too young first time around for Tales of the Unexpected so seeing Sky Arts have 2 episodes twice daily I decided to record them. Not one episode has recorded. My box is always on standby. You can tell it’s starting to record, but all I get at the end is Failed Recordings. I googled the issue and found this topic is all over the BT TV Forums, but no explanation as to why it’s happening. (I’m not a BT or Talk Talk customer, bought my box independently). I contacted Freeview, so unhelpful, so though I’d try on here. I’ve reset box etc but still no recordings

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 19:19:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Pick and Sky Arts are on the same Mux (ARQ-A). Maybe when you retuned your box latched onto a different, weaker, transmitter. That could explain the poor reception.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 22:57:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

They reception on the new Pick TV channel has always been poor, but I never had issues with channel 11 when it was Pick TV. The reception on 11 is still very good and that is why I don’t understand why recordings are failing. I can watch sky arts with no interference at all, just can’t seem to record anything.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 23:08:15 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.