My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Change from Sky digibox to 1100S. No signal!

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SauzetBrian

I have just purchased the Humax HDR 1100S to replace my Sky digibox. I had assumed it would be a simple matter of changing over the cables, but after doing this I received a message that no satellite signal is available. At the moment I have only one cable from the dish and neither input receive a signal. I live in the south west of France, but have had no signal problems since changing the dish for a larger one.When I have set up my Sky box again all works OK. Where does my problem lie?
    Au secours as we locals say!

| Fri 8 Apr 2016 15:23:24 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Hello another French user here in 32460 100cm dish, where are you and what dish size?

On install freesat recorders search for the freesat transponder which is now on a tight UK beam - unless you can receive this you will get nowhere.

With a single cable connect to LNB1 the two tuners are enabled by a internal link (a reset to default is needed to add a second feed later)

With the Sky box could you receive the BBC HD channels>?
    Can you receive with a manual tune 11428 H (the freesat transponder).

If you changes to non-freesat mode and scan for non-encrypted channels I assume quite some are found?

| Fri 8 Apr 2016 16:23:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SauzetBrian

Bonsoir Repassac,

Thanks for your prompt reply. We have lived in 46140, near Cahors since 2002.

We upgraded to a 90cm dish - I think, maybe an 80, which has presented no problems. I don't know if we could receive BBC HD channels because it isn't an HD box!

I will try and find the other answers probably tomorrow, so as not to interfere with our Friday viewing!

I forgot to add in my original post that when I first started the set-up procedure, it said I had a weak signal. On completing the set up there were no channels to be found in the EPG and on searching for some it told me that no signal was available.

Hey ho, seems as tho the piggy bank will have to be depleted further.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks again

| Fri 8 Apr 2016 18:07:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You are NE of me so my advice would be to increase dish size, but it may be possible, in good weather to get a lock on the freesat transponder. I would size a 1.2 dish that would suffice for 15 years at least.

| Fri 8 Apr 2016 19:01:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SauzetBrian

Bonsoir encore Repessac.

Following on from your earlier post I have this afternoon carried out the couple of searches you suggest.

On my Sky box I asked it to tune to 11.428 H and it found Fashion One. I don't know if that's what I should have found!

When I tried to search with my 1100S for non-freesat channels non came up. Admittedly it was a drizzly afternoon so perhaps I wasn't being fair to M. Humax.

I fear I might have to consult local satellite providers and dig deep into my pension pot. At my age I can't see me getting my 15 years worth from a 1.2 dish, so perhaps some economy could be made there! Presumably you are happy with your 100cm dish.

A bientot.

| Sat 9 Apr 2016 18:48:57 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

SauzetBrian - 1 hour ago  » 
    Bonsoir encore Repessac.
    Following on from your earlier post I have this afternoon carried out the couple of searches you suggest.
    On my Sky box I asked it to tune to 11.428 H and it found Fashion One. I don't know if that's what I should have found!
    When I tried to search with my 1100S for non-freesat channels non came up. Admittedly it was a drizzly afternoon so perhaps I wasn't being fair to M. Humax.
    I fear I might have to consult local satellite providers and dig deep into my pension pot. At my age I can't see me getting my 15 years worth from a 1.2 dish, so perhaps some economy could be made there! Presumably you are happy with your 100cm dish.
    A bientot.

I would have thought that a 90cm dish (exactly aligned) at your location should do the biz.
    I would advise you to only test in good clear weather as any rain can interfere.

Retry non freesat mode as no channels would to me, indicate a faulty LNB connection.

Any other poster comments on this?

| Sat 9 Apr 2016 19:58:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SauzetBrian

Repassac,

Today the sun is shining, and I believe in miracles. I now have a working 1100S!

Whatever I have been doing these last couple of days is now a thing of the past. When I set it up to find non freesat channels I stared in amazement as the whole list of sky channels materialised before me. I duly saved them but found it was not to easy to manage these channels.

Buoyed by my success so far I asked Monsieur Humax to find me some Freesat channels and lo and behold they came tumbling onto the screen.

I am now bipping away at the remote to unlearn my Sky skills and become confident with the new set up.

I was probably making some elementary error in my previous set-up. However I am not counting chickens until they have hatched out in the rain which may bring the signal strength down below workable levels. I sincerely hope not!

Thank you for your advice and encouragement. I hope I can now stop troubling you and leave you to help other worried souls such as I was.

Regards

| Sun 10 Apr 2016 15:54:38 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

SauzetBrian - No trouble at all.
    Rain can be a pain. One tip, especially if you watch a BBC1 HD - in rain the SD channel has higher tolerance, won't bother to explain why.

| Sun 10 Apr 2016 16:34:14 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.