My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Changing Screen aspect ratio

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

I have a Humax 93000T and it seems to have developed the habit of changing the aspect ratio of the screen. How do I change this and save it? Thanks

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 19:19:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The aspect ratio of the screen is built in to the TV. Virtually all newer widescreen TV's have 16:9 screens with 1920 x 1080 pixels. There is no way to change the screen aspect ratio only change the way that source content not having a 16:9 frame aspect ratio is mapped to the screen. As the box is SD only a 720 x 576 source from say BBC 1- HD should display correctly without distorting the frame aspect ratio with the box set to 16:9

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 19:35:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    There is no way to change the screen aspect ratio only change the way that source content not having a 16:9 frame aspect ratio is mapped to the screen.

On a 9300T under Preferences>A/V control you can set the screen ratio to be 4:3 or 16:9. I suspect this setting is wrong on the OPs box.

| Sat 2 Feb 2019 21:36:08 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

LeithR - 17 hours ago  » 
    I have a Humax 93000T and it seems to have developed the habit of changing the aspect ratio of the screen. How do I change this and save it? Thanks

It sounds like your 9300 is suffering the 'resetting itself back to defaults' problem, does your recording schedual get cleared and other personal settings return to their default value?

| Sun 3 Feb 2019 12:38:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Is this happening when you wake it up from standby? If so, then mine kept doing that too, along with the recording schedule being cleared every time it was put into standby or lost power. I used the 'wide button' under the flap to get the ratio back to how I liked it but the recording schedule being deleted was much more of an issue for me as I record a lot. I spoke to Humax about it and it was a fault that couldn't be fixed as the parts are no longer made. I bought a 5000t to replace the 9300- I'd had my 9300 for 7 years so it did me well.

| Mon 4 Feb 2019 11:50:26 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I've not seen it myself but I understand the problem occurs at some point during the standby period, the workaround being to leave the 9300 on all the time but that's not really very good. My partner has a 9300 which is still going strong apart from the consecutive recording problem and jumping playback on some recordings.

| Mon 4 Feb 2019 17:51:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

LeithR

Thanks to all who contributed. I'll try investigating that which Martin Liddle suggests. But, yes Biggles this sounds like a known fault. I'll maybe have to splash out on either a new PRV or a new Telly with inbuilt recording. She who must be obeyed is keen on a new telly!

| Wed 6 Feb 2019 20:50:41 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

By all means get excited about a new telly, but don't get too excited about it functioning as a good PVR because it won't be.
    They tend to be OK for timeslip and live pause and recording the odd programme, but it won't do the same job as a multi tuner PVR.

| Thu 7 Feb 2019 0:23:09 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.