My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Channel scrambled message

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

corgi

Good morning Can anyone help me? I have a Humax PVR 9300 T approx 5 years old . We watch our television and record through the Humax Box. For a while we have sometimes received messages that a particular channel is scrambled or not available . This only involves BBC channels . Often if we record or playback the programme jerks or jumps again only on BBC channels. Also if we are watching direct it tends to freeze for a few seconds several times through a programme . We thought it was a problem with our aerial so had a new aerial fitted and a booster. The aerial guy said that the BBC channel is very near the mobile phone channel in our area (North Shields, Tyne and Wear) 90 something I think he said . Anyway this did nothing apart from costing us £170!!! I am thinking I might need a new Humax but worry that may not be the answer. Can anyone help ?

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 11:00:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

corgi - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have a Humax PVR 9300 T approx 5 years old . We watch our television and record through the Humax Box. For a while we have sometimes received messages that a particular channel is scrambled or not available . This only involves BBC channels . Often if we record or playback the programme jerks or jumps again only on BBC channels. Also if we are watching direct it tends to freeze for a few seconds several times through a programme . We thought it was a problem with our aerial so had a new aerial fitted and a booster.

I am surprised you needed a booster. What is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax on BBC Channels?

The aerial guy said that the BBC channel is very near the mobile phone channel in our area (North Shields, Tyne and Wear) 90 something I think he said .

I assume he was talking about possible 4G interference.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 13:17:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

corgi

Thank you for your reply Martin. The strength on BBC 1 and BBC 2 is 75% and quality is 100%.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 14:01:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

corgi - 2 hours ago  » 
    The strength on BBC 1 and BBC 2 is 75% and quality is 100%.

Those readings are close to perfection so unlikely to indicate the problem is signal strength related. Some of the symptoms you describe are known issues with the 9300T (and the 9150T) and seem to affect content that is encoded for transmission in a particular way and it seems highly unlikely that Humax will (or can) do anything about it. The problem doesn't affect older or more recent models. I am tempted to say your best course of action might be to cut your losses and get a new box.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 16:36:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

corgi

Thanks Martin I thought I might have to get a new box.

| Tue 23 Aug 2016 17:53:40 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.