My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Choosing order for channels

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blobfishery

Hi all.

I'm still running a PVR9300t (and have to keep it constantly on otherwise I lose my recording schedule and preference settings!). One of the most important things to me in a PVR is the ability to manually order the channels. For example, in my favourites, I have BBC1, BB2, BBC4. CHANNEL 4, CHANNEL 4 + 1, ITV, ITV +1, CHANNEL 5... etc.

Can anyone tell me which, or if any, of the newer Humax (or any other brand!) models retain this functionality. Sadly - It seems to be a very rare thing... but it's something i'm just not ready to give up on!

Thanks in advance for your help!

| Fri 10 Jan 2020 5:27:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If I understand you correctly, you are asking whether favourites can be re-ordered. This is possible in HDR 1800T/2000T and FVP 4000T/5000T. As far as I can tell you can't change the order of the main TV and Radio lists - but you can delete unwanted items.

| Fri 10 Jan 2020 15:40:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

With the 5000T, once you have set a favourites page you can make it sticky when selecting the EPG by carefully following the instructions in Post 7 of this thread:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/shortcut-to-favorite-channels

However, if you happen to select a channel which is not in your favourites list the EPG will then revert to the "TV" full list until you run this procedure again.

The FAQ page mentioned in Post 7 basically does the same, but the explanation from Stephenesque there is a bit more detailed and less likely to fail if you follow it carefully.

| Fri 10 Jan 2020 17:46:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.