My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Conflict between remote controls

(7 posts)
  1. Gothamite

Gothamite

Hi all,
    I've just set up a Humax Freeview box which I wish to use along side my Humax Freesat box. (Just to expand my recordings etc...).
    However I've noticed that both remote controls operate each boxes! (,I.e Using the Freeview remote to power up the Freeview box also switches on the Freesat box...and vice versa...)

Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
    G

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 9:19:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gothamite - 4 mins ago  » 
    However I've noticed that both remote controls operate each boxes! (,I.e Using the Freeview remote to power up the Freeview box also switches on the Freesat box...and vice versa...)

You can change the remote control code set on one of the boxes. The instructions for changing on the Freesat HDR are at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-2

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 9:26:44 #2 |
  3. Gothamite

Gothamite

That's great thanks again Martin.
    Oh and whilst I've got your attention...

I'm using an HDMI switcher box to allow me to make these extra connections but noticed that the picture resolution occasionally switches to 576i... It's a One for All box, a bit cheap to be honest. And it's a bit of a sod to switch between devices.

Any recommendations for a decent switcher?

Thanks again for your invaluable advice.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 9:47:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gothamite - 29 mins ago  » 
    I'm using an HDMI switcher box to allow me to make these extra connections but noticed that the picture resolution occasionally switches to 576i... It's a One for All box, a bit cheap to be honest. And it's a bit of a sod to switch between devices.

Sorry I don't have much experience with HDMI switchers so hopefully someone else can answer; I will be interested to see what the recommendations are.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 10:17:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

Gothamite - 29 mins ago  » 

Sorry I don't have much experience with HDMI switchers so hopefully someone else can answer; I will be interested to see what the recommendations are.

Thinking about it, you might get more response if you started a new thread.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 13:06:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

garyjamie

I have a UGREEN 4K 3way switcher from Amazon with small remote had it for over a year no problems.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 16:16:16 #6 |
  7. Gothamite

Gothamite

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.