My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Conflict errors (or 1100S vs Foxsat...)

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hwwade

Just got a new 1100S having had a foxsat for years, but it doesn’t seem as ‘smart’. Does anyone else find they get conflict errors when recordings are not actually conflicting? Had one today which kicked me off the channel I was watching, but then let me go straight back to it. It also only showed me one conflict when there surely must be two to cause a problem (I have 2 LNBs). The foxsat also used to give me options in a conflict, such as switching to the +1 channel for the recordings that were set previously. Haven’t had that on the 1100S yet, and had to go and reset a series to a different time slot when the foxsat would’ve done it for me.

I’ve also got a series I’m recording giving me two episodes in the afternoon and then the same two episodes in the evening and then the whole weeks worth of 10 episodes againniver the weekend... I assume that’s a channel coding issue, but I recorded the same series on the foxsat with no problems or repeats.

Part of me thinks it’s just a case of getting used to the new box (connectivity features are great) but I am already tempted to swap for another old foxsat!

| Sun 25 Nov 2018 22:44:23 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Assuming the HDR-1100S thinks it has two feeds (Check in System info > Signal).
    We know the EPG and Channel data is in first and second generation versions - I don't know if the running status is the same for both but it could well be that one is generated from the other.

Repeat recordings of the same episode are either a coding issue or a freesat design consequence of having deleted the first programme and encountering the same series and programme CRID.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 9:53:29 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hwwade - 13 hours ago  » 
    Just got a new 1100S having had a foxsat for years, but it doesn’t seem as ‘smart’. Does anyone else find they get conflict errors when recordings are not actually conflicting? Had one today which kicked me off the channel I was watching, but then let me go straight back to it. It also only showed me one conflict when there surely must be two to cause a problem (I have 2 LNBs). The foxsat also used to give me options in a conflict, such as switching to the +1 channel for the recordings that were set previously. Haven’t had that on the 1100S yet, and had to go and reset a series to a different time slot when the foxsat would’ve done it for me.
    I’ve also got a series I’m recording giving me two episodes in the afternoon and then the same two episodes in the evening and then the whole weeks worth of 10 episodes againniver the weekend... I assume that’s a channel coding issue, but I recorded the same series on the foxsat with no problems or repeats.
    Part of me thinks it’s just a case of getting used to the new box (connectivity features are great) but I am already tempted to swap for another old foxsat!

It has some features your old Foxsat did not have.

The ability to record from the time shift buffer being one. This lets you make two actual recordings and a third reminder. The reminder switches to the 3rd channel to ensure the buffer contains the third programme from the start. Once one of the two recordings has finished simply pressing the instant record button will record the third programme completely.

It also provides time shifting for 3rd viewed programmes which the Foxsat cannot do.

Additionally the picture is a lot sharper than the Foxsat. If I stream HD recordings from my Foxsat to my HD-1100S they look a lot better than viewed direct.

The newer boxes have USB and network file play back capability, The Foxsat-HDR requires Raydons AV2-HDR to create the required sidecar files.

| Mon 26 Nov 2018 11:58:58 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.