My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Connect to another TV?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavidSC

They could also just default it to "always on" - that's how my previous Humax PVR-9300T worked. I agree it's not a particularly common requirement, but there are times when we want to play a recorded programme on a TV in another room, and then it's quite handy.

I think Martin makes a good point about listing all menu options - there's room on P.20 of the manual to include it.

| Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:39:01 #11 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

I was just putting forward a possible reason for its non inclusion, but am in agreement that they should all be there.

| Tue 2 Apr 2019 15:53:48 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My personal opinion is it was designed that way as the default option to save power, similar to the way power is saved by not powering tuners that are not required and also that low power standby mode is also the default selection.

Also unit defaults to auto power off setting.

| Tue 2 Apr 2019 17:33:10 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcs9997940

Just to add to the options for multiple TVs:

I used to use a PAL modulator, as described here using,. the RCA connections and this continues to work well for one a very old TV that does not support HD. It will play HD recordings but obviously with degradation on resolution

I have however recently upgraded my main Vs and have now added a FreeView modulator to modulate the HDMI signal onto a local Freeview channel 800. This eventually worked very well but the first Modulator, an Edison, introduced so much encoding delay that the Humax remote control (routed back over my distribution amplifier) was useless. When skipping through a program the delay was so long that Humax took away the playbar before I could see it on the remote TV!

I returned the Edison (thank you amazon) and bought a Technomate modulator. There is still a noticeable lag but it is much less that the Edison and works perfectly. This has now been working well for four months. The picture and sound quality are good on HD recording ans well as SD recordings. The HDMI port on the model I bought has a "pass through" function which has no noticeable effect on the TV display.

It is obviously a more expensive solution that a simple modulator but you do get HD quality on the remote TVs

| Wed 10 Apr 2019 15:28:20 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.