My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Connecting a Samsung WAM350 M3 wireless speaker?

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Anyone know how, or if a Samsung WAM350 M3 wireless speaker can be used with the Humax HDR 1010S?

It can handle bluetooth and wifi, but I think for only stored sources (not live TV), but perhaps there is a workaround

| Wed 9 Sep 2015 18:10:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the 1010S analogue audio outputs it should work.

You may need a 3.5mm stereo socket to stereo RCA phono cable. Most transmitters have a 3.5mm stereo cable plug audio input.

| Wed 9 Sep 2015 18:34:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Thanks for that. Is there any advantage, and is it possible, to use the SPDIF connector, or to source the audio from the Scart connector?

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 11:00:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iantresman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for that. Is there any advantage, and is it possible, to use the SPDIF connector, or to source the audio from the Scart connector?

You can use either the Scart with a scart to RCA adaptor, or the RCA phonos (the audio output is identical). It's normally easier to use the rca phonos ) To use the SPDIF you would need a DAC (Digital Analogue Converter). I doubt you will find a Bluetooth transmitter with digital inputs (there wouldn't be much point).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-To-3-RCA-Composite-Phono-SVHS-S-Video-SWITCH-Adaptor-Converter-GOLD-PLATED-/151797556669?hash=item2357d6e5bd

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:14:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Isn't bluetooth digital? Wouldn't RCA to bluetooth tranmitter need a built-in analogue-to-digital converter?

I assumed SPDIF was digital, and a bluetooth transmitter would just output it?

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:26:21 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iantresman - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Isn't bluetooth digital? Wouldn't RCA to bluetooth tranmitter need a built-in analogue-to-digital converter?
    I assumed SPDIF was digital, and a bluetooth transmitter would just output it?

Bluetooth is a short range digital transmission protocol, the information that is transmitted digitally is the analogue left and right stereo audio waveform. The Bluetooth receiver in the speaker recreates the waveform to send to it's analogue audio amplifier (one if mono two if stereo). Your speaker could only handle a digital audio source (like S/Pdif) if it had a optical or coax digital input.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:34:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

Makes sense now! Thanks

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:38:28 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

iantresman - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Makes sense now! Thanks

You are welcome.

| Thu 10 Sep 2015 12:43:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

iantresman

OK, all sorted. I got one of these bluetooth transmitted, which connects to the Samsung WAM351 M3 speakers as a bluetooth source. The transmitted does not pair with your smartphone, but directly to the speaker.

| Mon 14 Sep 2015 23:04:58 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.