My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Connecting Amazon Fire

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Can anyone advise how I go about connecting an Amazon fire when I am using both scart inputs on my Humax HDR for my DVD player / recorder.

Do I just connect via an Ethernet cable and does it go from the Fire into the Humax too or does it need to attach to the TV??

| Wed 2 Nov 2016 22:29:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Amazon Fire TV sticks and boxes do not have analogue outputs. They have to be connected to a TV or AV reciever HDMI in socket. The fire stick does not have an ethernet socket so is only WiFi connected. Neither can be or need to be connected to a Humax pvr. If you think you could record the output you can't (you couldn't even if they did have analogue outputs).

| Thu 3 Nov 2016 10:43:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Oh ok thanks. That's all a bit technical for me! No definitely wasn't trying to record output...
    Was just trying to get it to work! Will have another go

| Thu 3 Nov 2016 22:38:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

| Thu 3 Nov 2016 22:40:23 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

yabeeb - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Oh ok thanks. That's all a bit technical for me! No definitely wasn't trying to record output...
    Was just trying to get it to work! Will have another go

Does your TV have HDMI inputs ?

| Thu 3 Nov 2016 23:01:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GH80

Yes. 2 I think which are both used for the DVD. Would have to check though.

| Fri 4 Nov 2016 0:03:12 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

yabeeb - 10 hours ago  » 

I think you are confusing scart with HDMI. Scart is an analogue connection, HDMI is digital and capable of High Definition pictures.

http://www.tvandtech.co.uk/what-is-a-scart-socket/

Two HDMI In and scart socket

http://www.petervis.com/modern-gadgets/Finlux-40F6073-D/finlux-40F6073-D-specification.html

What's the make and model of the TV ?

| Fri 4 Nov 2016 10:58:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi GH80

You could try buying a HDMI Switching box, I got mine from Maplin they do the remote type which runs on mains power or the non mains one.
    I have got the non mains one which as 3 HDMI inputs and there is a button to change the inputs.
    They automatically change inputs when a different device is turned on or if it don't as I say you just press a the button on the switcher box.
    I use my Now TV box and DVD player through it and I found they work very well.
    Like you My TV as only got 2 HDMI inputs in the back, but with this HDMI switching box I am able to watch up to 4 Different HD devices on my TV.
    You can also buy a HDMI Switcher from Amazon.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 12:24:24 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

yabeeb - 2 days ago  » 

A DVD player with HDMI out would only use one socket. DVD players with hdmi in are very rare (allowing two items to share a single hdmi port. Still confused your first post talks about scart sockets which is completely different connection and would be used on most DVD players.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 12:54:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi grahamlthompson,

On as I said my TV I have Only 2 HDMI outputs so in order to watch my DVD player which as a HDMI output and my Now TV box and Humax 2000T I had to buy a HDMI switching box, which works well. The picture is OK through the Scart but not as good as through HDMI outputs.
    Also I have got the Humax 2000T also connected via Scart, because sometimes when its recording I get no sound through the HDMI but this is minor world wide problem with this box, so if I want to watch the 2000T I just switch to Scart until its finished recording then put it back in to standby for one minute and then the sound is back on the HDMI, but luckily it only happens once every now and again, its a really good box.
    Plus I have got another old PVR with some good films on, so I plug that in to the RCA input sometimes if I feel like watching them again.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 13:32:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.